First District FY 18 Community Budget MeetingsRelease Date: 2017-08-16
Our first FY 18 Budget Meeting is August 16th at 6pm, at PIEAM located at 695 Alamitos Ave. 90802. There is free parking across the street at MOLAA. This meeting will be conducted in English with Spanish translation available. If you cannot make it this meeting, join us at Tepechi Restaurant located at 1430 Santa Fe Ave. 90810, on Wednesday August 30, 2017 at 6pm. The meeting will be conducted in Spanish with English translation available. Please join us if you'd like to hear more about the upcoming budget. You can also CLICK HERE to check out the list of additional public meetings that are available for your to attend throughout the City of Long Beach. CLICK HERE to be linked to all of the City's updated Budget Documents. There are many highlights in this $2.6 billion budget including:
- Continuing to pay down our pension liabilities and ensure that the City is responsible as to where the dollars are spent,
- Funding to repair 50 miles of streets and sidewalks, 34 parks, 10 libraries and 21 other facilities across the City of Long Beach,
- Increased funding for public safety and infrastructure thanks to the passage of Measure A,
- Investing in two (2) additional Clean Teams to make sure that neighborhoods are free of blight and trash,
- An investment in new technology including simplifying our phone system to one phone number for all City services and an upgrading the 9-1-1 location identification system.
My staff and I work very hard to ensure that the First District is a great place to live, shop, eat, work and play. If you need any assistance or if you have any questions please call my Office Manager Jennifer Kumiyama at 562-570-6983.