Fire Recruit Information
Be sure to visit the Upcoming Jobs Information page to see when Fire Recruit may open. If no information is available, then there is no current need in the City of Long Beach for new hires at this time. However, you may complete an electronic interest card to be notified when the opportunity becomes available from the Job Descriptions page.
Online Applications only are accepted, here's why:
- Avoid the crowds and lines, complete your application at home
- It's quick, easy, and user friendly
- Be energy, "green" conscience
- Instant confirmation of your received application
- Ability to electronically attach your required certificates and resume
- Track your application status online, 24/7
- Receive email notifications of the status of your application, testing information, and other important information
- In some cases, the ability to schedule your test at at time and date convenient to you
Learn about creating an online job application account.
- Long Beach Fire Department
- LBFD Training Center- website of the LBFD Fire Academy, information about Fire Recruit training, videos
- Biddle Consolidated Physical Ability Test (PAT) -Rio Hondo Fire Academy, Santa Fe Springs, California
- Biddle Consolidated Physical Ability Test (PAT) -Santa Ana College, Santa Ana, California
- Biddle Consolidated Physical Ability Test (PAT) -Mt. San Antonio College, Walnut, California
- National Testing Network- website for Firefighter testing company
- Los Angeles County EMS- website for L.A. County Emergency Medical Services, information on how to receive EMT training, certification
For questions email the Civil Service Department.