Firefighter (lateral-transfer) Information
This job opportunity with the Long Beach Fire Department is not currently open. View the Upcoming Jobs Information page to see when Firefighter-Lateral may open. If no information is available, then there is currently no need in the City of Long Beach, Fire Department for new hires at this time.
View the Firefighter-Lateral job description and you will be given the opportunity to fill out an online Job Interest Card. We will notify you by email when we do begin accepting applications.
Online Applications only are accepted, here's why:
- Avoid the crowds and lines, complete your application at home
- It's quick, easy, and user friendly
- Be energy, "green" conscience
- Instant confirmation of your received application
- Ability to electronically attach your required certificates and resume
- Track your application status online, 24/7
- Receive email notifications of the status of your application, testing information, and other important information
- In some cases, the ability to schedule your test at at time and date convenient to you
Learn about creating an online job application account.
For questions email the Civil Service Department.
- Long Beach Fire Department
- LBFD Regional Training Center
- Los Angeles County EMS
- State of California EMS
- California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- Visit Long Beach!