Are You Our Next Intern?Release Date: 2018-07-19
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data related to disaster preparedness;
- Assists in preparing disaster preparedness plans, annexes, and materials;
- Assists with public outreach, training and program implementation;
- Help to research and create outreach content for disaster preparedness topics;
- Research, analyze and assist with grant funded purchasing;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- College/university students in their Junior year or above (transcripts are required); and
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and/or weekends.
- Familiarity with Emergency Management practices;
- Current course work or major in Emergency Management, Public Administration, Political Science, Program Management or a related field;
- Experience with outreach and communications with the public;
- Experience with Adobe creative suite software, or related design software.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment;
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization;
- Proficiency in use of computers, including email, internet, office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel) and design software;
- Familiarity with the basic office functions and equipment (printers, scanning);
- Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects concurrently under tight deadlines.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, a copy of their transcripts (official or unofficial), copy of current class schedule and resume. Applications must be received online by 11:59 p.m. Friday, August 10, 2018.
Incomplete packages will not be processed. The materials submitted will be thoroughly reviewed and the most qualified candidates will be invited to continue the selection process, which may include a writing exercise and an interview by a selection panel.
The City of Long Beach intends to provide reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If a special accommodation is desired or if you would like to request this information in an alternative format, please call 48 hours prior to the interview at (562) 570-6060.
If you have questions about this recruitment, please contact Allison.Bright@longbeach.gov. The www.governmentjobs.com technical assistance phone number for applicant support is 877-204-4442.
The City of Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of the organization. In support of the City's Language Access Policy, bilingual skills (Spanish, Khmer and/or Tagalog) are desirable for positions interacting with the public.
An Equal Opportunity Employer