Dias Debrief - March 14, 2018Release Date: 2018-03-14
Item 22 - Long Beach Values Act
Last night at City Council, after over 6 hours of public testimony and Council debate, I proudly lead the effort to pass our Long Beach Values Act which created the following provisions:
1. Expand protections based on SB 54 for immigrants in Long Beach that apply to all City Departments not just Public Safety
2. Explore opportunities and report back to Council with a plan to invest $250,000 for universal legal defense for undocumented immigrants
3. Receive a report back from the Long Beach Police Department on their recommended exemptions pursuant to SB 54
4. Make all documents related to this policy, including Long Beach Police Department Special Orders, available on our City's website
5. Join the "Welcoming America Coalition" for resources to make Long Beach a more welcoming place for all
Item 17 - ABC LicenseI am excited to welcome Ammatoli to the First District. This new resturant will provide an new experience at the corner of 3rd and Long Beach Blvd. Stay tuned for more information regarding their grand opening!
Item 34 - Gym ParkletThe City of Long Beach is committed to creating and modernizing access to public space including how we use our parklets throughout the City of Long Beach. I am proud to announce that last night, the Long Beach City Council forwarded to the Mayor, a muncipal code change which will allow the creation of the nation's first gym parklet. This new and creative concept will be in front of Groundwork Fitness, located at 333 N. Pine Ave, LB CA 90802, later this year.
REMINDER: E-Comments for City Council Agendas open up 72 Hours before the Council Meeting. This is a great opportunity for you to submit your comments on any item before the City Council, especially if you are not able to attend. CLICK HERE to aceess the E-Comment Link and view upcoming City Council Agsendas. You can always email your comments directly to email@example.com or call us at (562) 570-6919, as well.
Our City Manager regularly updates the City Council on what is going on relative to our proposed policies, major issues in the city and other pending items that require updates. This list is comprehensive of memos from the past week. Please CLICK HERE for a complete list of memos for this year and prior years.
March 12, 2018 - Long Beach Airport Monthly Noise Report - January 2018
March 8, 2018 - Bicycle Licensing
March 7, 2018 - FY 19 Budget Projection Update
March 5, 2018 - Responses to the Land Use Element Roundtable Technical Questions
March 5, 2018 - Community Hospital Long Beach Lease Termination Notice
March 2, 2018 - Summary of the Downtown-Alamitos Beach Parking Study Initiative
March 2, 2018 - Acute Care Hospital Seismic Safety
March 2, 2018 - AB2191 Great White Shark Research
March 2, 2018 - Long Beach Airport Full Scale Triennial Exercise