The Creative Corridor Challenge: Phase IRelease Date: 2015-09-30
On September 30th, we launched a new civic engagement project called the Creative Corridor Challenge.
The Creative Corridor Challenge gives District 9 residents and stakeholders the chance to identify and collaborate on projects that beautify and activate North Long Beach corridors. The target corridors in District 9 include Artesia blvd., Long Beach blvd. Paramount blvd., Atlantic ave., Cherry Ave., Orange Ave., Downey Ave., and South St.
To begin the challenge, follow these easy steps:
1. Walk, bike, or drive the corridors and identify areas that you’d like to see improved. Projects can be in 5 specific categories, including:
- Tree planting
- Mural installations to abate graffiti
- Vacant building activation/beautification
- Vacant lot activation/beautification
- Public art and utility box beautification
2. Create a plan to make those improvements happen. This can be done by completing this form.
3. Finally, return the form along with a picture of the site to the District 9 Field Office (6509 Gundry Ave.) or email them to CreativeCorridorD9@longbeach.gov. Make sure your submission includes your name, contact information, the site address, cross streets, and a photo of the site.
The deadline for the submissions is Oct. 31st. Make sure you get your projects in on time!
For more information, call our office at (562) 570-6137.