The City of Long Beach Economic Development Department's mission is to create economic opportunities for workers, investors, and entrepreneurs.
Our staff, along with partners across the City, offer the following core services to create a vibrant, resilient, and inclusive economic ecosystem:
- Grow and strengthen established industry clusters and emerging sectors in Long Beach.
- Increase access to economic opportunities in low-income communities to advance economic equity.
- Build a supportive economic ecosystem that creates reliable pathways for entrepreneurs to confidently start and grow successful business.
- Create more responsive, cost-effective, and streamlined City processes to grow investment and development in the city.
- Enhance quality of life to grow businesses, jobs, and investment that support a thriving local economy.
- Advance an integrated approach to local and regional economic development to enhance business opportunities and global connectedness.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram at @LBEconDev
2018 Year in Review
The City of Long Beach is proud to release the 2018 Year in Review, a book that offers a snapshot of the City’s accomplishments and accolades for the year.
View: 2018 Year in Review
DataLB: Geospatial & Open Data Hub
DataLB is the city's new public GeoSpatial & Open Data Portal for exploring, visualizing and downloading data that has been made publicly available.
Learn More »