The City of Long Beach Economic Development Department's mission is to create economic opportunities for workers, investors, and entrepreneurs.
Our staff, along with partners across the City, offer the following core services to create a vibrant, resilient, and inclusive economic ecosystem:
- Grow and strengthen established industry clusters and emerging sectors in Long Beach.
- Increase access to economic opportunities in low-income communities to advance economic equity.
- Build a supportive economic ecosystem that creates reliable pathways for entrepreneurs to confidently start and grow successful business.
- Create more responsive, cost-effective, and streamlined City processes to grow investment and development in the city.
- Enhance quality of life to grow businesses, jobs, and investment that support a thriving local economy.
- Advance an integrated approach to local and regional economic development to enhance business opportunities and global connectedness.
Follow us on Twitter at @LBEconDev
Portuguese Bend, the endeavor announced last year from the owners of Lola’s and The Social List, Luis and Brenda Navarro—and their third dive into gastronomy, offering the city its first Made In Long Beach spirits, has officially broken ground.