Alarm Permits and False Alarms
An Alarm Permit is required if you maintain or have installed on any premises any alarm system that directly or indirectly signals the Long Beach Police Department. For alarm permit questions, please contact us at (562) 570-6211.
- Alarm system permits for businesses shall be renewed annually at $34.00.
- Alarm system permits for residences shall be renewed every three years at $39.00.
- All permits are non-transferable.
A False Alarm is an alarm signal to which the Long Beach Police Department has responded but where an emergency did not exist. In accordance with the Long Beach Municipal Code, any and all alarm activations in a 12-month period that are considered “false" by the Long Beach Police Department are billed by the Department of Financial Management. The 12-month period is measured from the date of a false alarm to the preceding 12-months.
Any and all alarm activations in a 12-month period that are considered "false" will be billed as follows:
• First False Alarm: Free
• Second False Alarm: $125.00
• Third False Alarm: $155.00
• Forth False Alarm: $190.00
• Fifth False Alarm: $325.00
• Sixth and Subsequent False Alarm: $445.00
Note: If you are experiencing difficulty accessing the third-party payment application, it may be that your browser is unsupported. We recommend: Version 10 or greater of Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome or Firefox. Thank you.
For false alarm questions please contact us at (562) 570-7600, option #5, or email FM-FalseAlarms@longbeach.gov.
You may pay your bill by any of the following methods:
- Mail: Make your check, cashier's check, and/or money order payable to the City of Long Beach. Remit the payment along with the bill stub to the City of Long Beach, P.O. Box 630, Long Beach, CA 90842
- Walk-In: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Cashiers Window on the Lobby Level of City Hall, 333 W. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90802.
- Telephone: To pay for an Alarm Permit call (562) 570-6211, or to pay for a False Alarm call (562) 570-7600. Credit Card payments are accepted over the telephone during normal business hours. We accept Visa and Master Card logos only. In order to process your credit card payment, the credit card number and expiration date are required. Please have your E-Account number ready.
- Drop Boxes: Payments placed in a drop box will be processed within 24 hours of receipt. Drop boxes are conveniently located on the Lobby Level of City Hall and outside City Hall at the south east side of the building.
- Online Payment: This feature allows you to pay certain accounts online. Please click the "Make a Payment" button located at the top of this page. Please have your E-Account number ready.