Note: If you are experiencing difficulty accessing the third-party payment application, it may be that your browser is unsupported. We recommend: Version 10 or greater of Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome or Firefox. Thank you.
The City of Long Beach Collection Staff is responsible for collecting all delinquent debt's due to the City. If a customer cannot make payment in full, in some cases a payment plan can be arranged to accept reasonable monthly payments. Staff will work with all delinquent account holders before taking legal action.
Failure to pay, Collections staff may use various resources available to collect the delinquent amount including, but not limited to:
- Small Claims Action
- Collection Agency Referral (May affect your credit report)
- Property Lien (Real Estate or Personal)
- Wage Garnishment
- Intercept your State Income Tax Refund from the State Franchise Tax Board
Please note that when an account is referred to Collections, the account will incur a collection charge of eleven percent (11%) of the amount of the delinquency, but shall not be less than eleven dollars ($11.00) and no more than five hundred dollars ($500.00). Some accounts may also incur additional costs such returned check fees, penalties, court costs, and/or service of process fees.
For questions please contact us at (562) 570-7600, option #6.
You may pay your bill by any of the following methods:
- Mail: Make your check, cashier's check, and/or money order payable to the City of Long Beach. Remit the payment along with the bill stub to City of Long Beach, Attn: Collections Dept. - Lobby Level, P.O. Box 630, Long Beach, CA 90842.
- Walk-In: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Cashier's Window on the Lobby Level of City Hall, 333 W. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90802.
- Telephone: Call (562) 570-7600, to pay by telephone. Credit Card payments for certain accounts are accepted over the telephone during normal business hours. We accept Visa and Master Card logos only. In order to process your credit card payment, the credit card number and expiration date is required. Please have your E-Account number ready.
- Drop Boxes: Payments placed in a drop box will be processed within 24 hours of receipt. Drop boxes are conveniently located on the Lobby Level of City Hall and outside City Hall at the south east side of the building.
- Online Payment: This feature allows you to pay certain accounts online. Please click the "Make a Payment" button located at the top of this page. Please have your E-Account number ready.