- The registered or legal owner must present valid picture identification. No one can claim a vehicle without valid picture identification such as a driver's license, state identification card, passport or other valid picture identification.
- If the vehicle owner has current registration under his or her name but no valid identification, the owner must show another form of acceptable identification. See the list of acceptable Identification below.
- The person driving the vehicle away from the Police Impound Yard must have a valid driver's license in his/her possession and must have it at the time of the vehicle's release.
- The driver's license of the person who drives the vehicle out of the Police Impound Yard will be recorded and a copy will be kept with the vehicle's release files.
- If the owner does not have a valid driver's license, he/she can bring another individual who has a valid driver's license in his/her possession to remove the vehicle from the Police Impound Yard. Towing Operations personnel will review the driver's license to verify its validity.
- A vehicle must have current registration to be released from the tow yard.
- The registered or legal owner must present a valid identification.
- All towing and recovery fees must be paid at the time of release.
- A valid driver's license must be presented at the tow yard.
- Impounded vehicles must have a (HOLD) release from the Impounding agency, if needed.
PHOTO I.D. (ISSUED WITHIN THE LAST 5 YEARS)
- Valid Driver's License
- Expired Driver's License
- State Issue ID Card
- Government ID Card
- School/College ID Card
- Military ID
- Immigration ID Card
- Grocery Warehouse ID Card
- School Yearbook
SIGNED DOCUMENTS, NO PICTURE (MUST PROVIDE ANY 3 OFF LIST)
- Social Security Card
- Cancelled Check
- Bank Credit Card
- Medical Card
- Library Card
- Military Discharge / DD214
- Temporary License from DMV
- Marriage License
- County Welfare Card
- Residence Rental Agreement
- Vehicle Contract
- Food Stamp Card
MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A LICENSED DRIVER TO DRIVE VEHICLE.