Drug and Alcohol Rehab Programs
The Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services officially closed it's Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Programs on June 30, 2009.
The Department no longer maintains copies of records from any previously taken classes. If you or someone you know needs help with substance use disorder (also known as alcohol or drug addiction) treatment services, please call the LA County Substance Abuse Service Helpline, anytime 24/7 for FREE, at (844) 804-7500 to learn about no-cost treatment services available. You can also contact one of the LA County approved programs listed beow, or the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health Substance Abuse Prevention and Control at (626) 299-4193, (800) 564-6600 or visit their website.
- Los Angeles County Substance Use Treatment Services Brochure - (English)
- Los Angeles County Substance Use Treatment Services Brochure - (Spanish)
Referrals to Local Substance Use Treatment Services
(Approved by County of Los Angeles)
Alcohol Education and Recovery Center (AB541 Only)
1355 S. Redondo Avenue, Suite 3
Long Beach, CA 90804
Phone: (562) 986-5046
Harbor Area High Gain, Inc. (AB541 and SB38)
315-A E. 11th Street
Long Beach, CA 90813
Phone: (562) 436-9801
Safety Consultant Services, Inc. (AB541 and SB38)
5518 N. Long Beach Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90805
Phone: (562) 428-6426
Other Resources and Information
These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the City of Long Beach of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. The City of Long Beach bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
- StartYourRecovery.org is a free, confidential resource offering people who are dealing with substance use issues a single source of relatable, reliable information at any stage of their recovery journey.
- Quit Alcohol.com provides additional information on the dangers of drinking and driving, and on how to quit alcohol.
- Rehab Center is a free mental health and addiction resource center.
- TheRecoveryVillage.com provides an educational resource by hosting helpful articles, blog posts, and resource pages to increase understanding and awareness of addiction.
- DrugRehab.com provides information and assistance on drug and alcohol addition and recovery.