The Long Beach Tobacco Education and Prevention Program (TEPP) has worked to build a healthier community by reducing the use of tobacco and the exposure to secondhand smoke in the City of Long Beach. The Tobacco Education Program strives to achieve this goal by:
- Providing referrals for people who want to quit smoking
- Working with apartment owners to create smoke free living options in apartment buildings
- Creating culturally appropriate tobacco control materials for the Long Beach community
- Supporting community-led smoke free campaigns
- Ensuring compliance with local, state and federal tobacco related laws
On this page, you will find additional information on the programs we offer, stop smoking resources, and information about other Long Beach tobacco control issues. If you would like more information please contact the Tobacco Education Program at (562) 570-7950.
Request a presentation
If you would like a request a presentation on a tobacco-related topic (ie. vaping, tobacco 101, smoke-free apartments, quit smoking resources, etc.) contact us at (562) 570-7950.
Youth Tobacco Diversion
Do you know a teenager who smokes/vapes and would like support quitting? We can help!
The Long Beach Health and Human Services Department has created a unique tobacco diversion program for Long Beach youth. It is FREE, online and available every month of the school year. Click the link to learn more and to register your teen: bit.ly/LBYouthTobaccoDiversion.
For: Long Beach youth (ages 14-18) who smoke/vape tobacco products
What youth will learn:
- Health effects of tobacco/vape use
- Healthy brain development
- Nicotine addiction
- Refusal skills
- Best quitting strategies and more!
For more information, please contact us at 562-570-7950.
Stop smoking classes in Long Beach are offered through Nicotine Anonymous and several local hospitals. View a brochure of resources available in Long Beach.
To receive a free cessation packet call the Tobacco Education Program at (562) 570-7950
Did you know that as you snuff out that last cigarette......
- Within 20 minutes: Blood pressure, body temperature and pulse rate drop to normal
- Within 8 hours: Smokers-Breath disappears
- Within 24 hours: Risk of heart attack decreases
- Within 2-3 months: Lung capacity increases, circulation improves, and walking becomes easier
- Within 1 year: Excess risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a person who smokes
- Within 2 years: Heart attack risk drops back to normal
Coalition for a Smoke Free Long Beach
The mission of the Coalition for a Smoke-Free Long Beach is to promote a tobacco-free, smoke-free and healthy Long Beach. The Coalition serves in an advisory capacity to the Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services Tobacco Education Program (TEP) in the development, implementation and periodic review of the City's comprehensive Tobacco control Workplan. The Coalition is a diverse group of community volunteers committed to promoting tobacco-free healthy lifestyles. currently, there are more than 80 members of the Coalition representing local residents, youth, voluntary health organizations, health care providers, the Long Beach Unified School District, California State Universities, Long Beach City College, churches, community-based organizations, youth organizations, businesses and other concerned individuals.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
|2020 Meeting Dates||Location|
Resources and Information
Information & Downloads
Cessation/Stop Smoking Brochure
Are Smoke Free Apartments for You?
Esta Interesado En Apartamentos Libres De Humo?
How Landlords Can Prohibit Smoking in Rental Housing
Como los Proprietarios Pueden Prohibir Fumar in las vviviendas de Alquiler
Ready to Quit Smoking? - Free Nicotine Patches