| || || || |
The Housing Authority of the City of Long Beach (HACLB) administers the City's Rental Housing Assistance Programs. These Assistance Programs are designed to provide financial and technical assistance services to low-income, elderly, and disabled residents of Long Beach so they can live with dignity in decent, safe, and sanitary housing conditions.
Currently HACLB, in partnership with more than 2,600 property owners, assists over 6,800 households that lease units in the City of Long Beach, through these various programs:
- HCV - Waiting List Closed - Housing Choice Voucher Program (commonly known as Section 8 Rental Assistance Program) More Information
- HOPWA - Waiting List Closed - Housing Opportunities for persons living with AIDS. More Information
- VASH - More Information - Veteran's Affairs Supportive Housing
- SPC - More Information - Shelter Plus Care and Homeless Assistance Program in conjunction with the Health Department's Continuum of Care Program
- PBV - Waiting List Open - Project Based Vouchers are currently open for foster youth who have been emancipated in the last 5 years and are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Click here to apply!
HACLB also provides special supportive services to our families through the Family Self Sufficiency Program and Homeownership Programs. These programs provide financial and literacy training, the development of escrow accounts, career and academic guidance, and resource referrals. Job training is also provided through a partnership with the City's Workforce Development Bureau to further assist in the transition of our families to economic self-sufficiency and finally homeownership.
The Housing choice Voucher (Section 8) waiting list is currently closed.
We will make an announcement as soon as they open.
Send an E-mail message to the Housing Authority.
Important information that you as an owner should know about two home improvement programs!
The new address is:
St Mary Medical Center/CARE Program
c/o Sarah Taylor or Rene Soto
1045 Atlantic Ave., Suite 1016
Long Beach, CA 90813
If you have any questions please call:
Rene: 562-624-4934 or
Sign up for e-Notify to get updates on the Housing Authority. Click here for the e-notify page and make sure you check the Housing Authority box under Community Development.
Check your Section 8 and HOPWA waiting list status online. You can also submit a request to change your information.
| || || |