Medi-Cal Outreach and Health Access Program
NEED AFFORDABLE HEALTH COVERAGE?
Did you know your Health Department can help? Under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act there are now many options available for uninsured individuals and families. The Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services offers enrollment assistance with many of the health insurance programs. Please call us for more information at (562) 570-7979. We offer assistance in English, Spanish and Khmer.
Need online assistance with your Covered California account? Enter zip "90815" to find us. http://www.coveredca.com/get-help/local/
Current health insurance programs available in Los Angeles County:
- Medi-Cal - (Adults and children)
- Presumptive Eligibility (PE) Medi-Cal (pregnancy-related services)
- Covered CA - (Adults and children)
- Medi-Cal Access Program (MCAP) - (pregnancy-related services)
- Kaiser Child Health Plan - (children 0-19 years of age)
For enrollment assistance, please have the following:
- Government issued identification (Driver's License, ID Cards, or Military ID)
- Resident Alien Card (Green Card) if applicable
- Social Security Cards or numbers
- Paystubs and/or latest tax records
Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services
2525 Grand Avenue, Suite 210
Long Beach, CA 90815
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Walk-ins are welcomed, but appointments are encouraged to ensure you are assisted in a timely manner. During Covered CA Open Enrollment, evening and Saturday appointments are available upon request.
DO NOT mail applications to the above address. We are not a Medi-Cal nor Covered CA processing center. ALL MAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE RETURNED!
Phone: (562) 570-7979
Fax: (562) 570-8122
Email inquiries: Anthony.Ly@longbeach.gov
Other Related Resources:
Need help selecting or changing a Medi-Cal managed care plan or completing Medi-Cal Choice Form? A Health Care Options (HCO) Representative is available for in-person assistance at the Health Department Mondays only, 8-4:30pm. For online information, please visit Health Care Options