2020 Health, Dental, & Vision Plan Resources
- 2020 Active Employee Benefits Overview Booklet
- 2020 Non-Permanent Employee Benefits Overview Booklet
- 2020 Retirees Benefits Overview Booklet
What's New for 2020?
2020 Benefits Highlights
New Delta Dental PPO Plan Enhancements!
- Dental Implants are Covered at 50% Co-insurance (deductibles and maximums apply)
- Third Cleaning at No Additional Cost for Future Moms
- Diagnostic and Preventative Maximum Waiver Program
- When you or your enrolled dependent(s) visit a Delta Dental PPO dentist for diagnostic and/or preventive care (i.e. exams, cleanings, x-rays), the cost of these services will not deducted from the annual maximum
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plans
The 2020 deferral limit for the Healthcare FSA increases to $2,700 for the reimbursement of health related expenses. If you wish to participate in a Healthcare and/or Dependent Care FSA, you must re-enroll each year at Open Enrollment. The 2020 deferral limit for the Dependent Care FSA is $5,000.
Opposite Sex Registered Domestic Partners
Effective January 1, 2020, opposite sex Registered Domestic Partners can be enrolled in the City's Health Plans. Please note that you must be registered through the California Secretary of State. The age 62 requirement has been eliminated.
Earlier Benefits Enrollment Effective Date for New Hires
Benefits eligible new hires will have the option of enrolling in benefits effective the 1st of the month following the hire date, provided that benefits are selected by end of the month of hire. Otherwise, benefits default to 1st of the month following 30 days of employment. In either case, payroll deductions will be retroactively processed.
Permanent Part-time Employees are eligible for FSA Plan Enrollment
Permanent Part-time employees can participate in the FSA plan whether they opt in or out of the City's health plan.
Coming Soon - Health Advocacy Services!
A new benefits resources is coming your way that connects you and your eligible family members to all of your benefits, services and programs through a single, toll-free number, where a dedicated health professional can help you with virtually any healthcare need. Be on the lookout for details coming soon!
Open Enrollment Reminders!
Voluntary Life Insurance Coverage
Don’t forget! Employees can either enroll for the first time or increase existing coverage by $25,000 - no medical questions asked. Children can also be enrolled up to $10K ($1.20 per month, regardless of the number of enrolled children).
Update Your Beneficiaries - CalPERS, ICMA-RC and The Standard
During Open Enrollment, please give some thought to updating your beneficiaries. Please note the following information:
- To protect your CalPERS retirement assets in case you pass away, you can designate your beneficiary online via myCalPERS, via mail or in person at a CalPERS regional office. Power of Attorney documents can be mailed to CalPERS or submitted in person at a regional office.
- Designate the beneficiary for your Deferred Compensation 457 Plan assets online, or via the new ICMA-RC app.
- For Life Insurance coverage(s), you can designate beneficiaries via The Standard Portal.
2019 Health, Dental, & Vision Plan Resources
- 2019 Active Employee Benefits Overview Booklet
- 2019 Non-Permanent Employee Benefits Overview Booklet
- 2019 Retirees Benefits Overview Booklet
Supplemental Benefit Resources
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long Term Care (UNUM) Website and Information Packet
- Voluntary Life Insurance Benefits Summary and Benefits Portal (Instructions)
Additional Benefits Resources
Benefits Selection/Change/Add Form (use this form to update your dependents when you experience a qualifying life event)