1. Determine if you are eligible for the LB CARES Program by reviewing the requirements listed above and viewing the Program Guidelines.
2. Review our list of Frequently Asked Questions.
3. Complete the LB CARES Application.
- To request a copy of the application by postal mail, please call (562) 570-3000 or email LBCares@longbeach.gov.
- Paper applications can also be picked up in-person on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00a.m.-11:00a.m., beginning June 30, 2020, until July 23, 2020, at Long Beach City Hall, 411 West Ocean Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90802
4. Submit completed application package by postal mail beginning Monday, July 13, 2020, until the deadline on Monday, July 27, 2020, or by in-person drop-off by Thursday, July 23, 2020.
- Mailed applications must be addressed to Long Beach CARES Emergency Rental Assistance Program, 411 West Ocean Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Long Beach, CA 90802.
- Application drop-off is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays only, from 9:00a.m.-11:00a.m., beginning July 14, 2020, until July 23, 2020, at Long Beach City Hall, 411 West Ocean Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90802.
5. Await the lottery selection process.
- All applications will be placed in a lottery pool. Approximately 1700 applications will be randomly selected in August 2020. City staff will then review the selected applications for completeness. Additional lottery drawings may occur to replace any incomplete or ineligible applications that were originally selected.
- Applicants will be notified of their results as soon as possible by postal mail.
- City staff will contact your building’s property owner/landlord for a W-9 form and Program Participation-Payment Acceptance Agreement.