The Expanded Polystyrene ordinance prevents litter, reduces waste, and improves the health of our city. As a resident, there are many things you can do to reduce waste and keep Long Beach litter free.
Tips to be a Foam Free Resident:
- Eat at FoamFree Restaurants that have opted in early to the new ordinance
- Visit our Resources for Business Page for a list of businesses that have gone Foam Free (coming soon)
- Avoid food waste and single-use packaging by:
- Sharing plates with a friend
- Order only what you can eat
- Bring Your Own:
Check out our new Choose to Reuse Campaign and learn more about what you can do to help the City reduce waste by bringing your own to-go containers. Find out more about the events we will be at, prizes you can win, and reasons to bring your own.