Long Beach Airport (LGB) is open and operational for essential travel, air cargo, and general aviation operations. LGB is working closely with the Long Beach Health and Human Services Department and following the State health order to ensure the health and safety of all passengers and employees.
- Facial coverings. Facial coverings are required for all employees, passengers, and visitors at LGB. All four airlines also require facial coverings.
- Physical Distancing. Floor markings and other measures are in place throughout the Airport to guide physical distancing.
- Clear Shields. Plastic separators are being installed in high-traffic areas where physical distancing cannot be maintained, such as ticket counters, gates, and concessions.
- Enhanced Cleaning. Airport staff are cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces and objects on an hourly basis. Airlines that serve LGB have also instituted more rigorous cleaning protocols before and after each flight.
- Sanitizer Stations. Hand sanitizer dispensers have been added throughout the most highly trafficked areas of the Airport.
- Touchless Journey. Working with its business partners, LGB is working towards a touchless experience through the Airport, including encouraging the use of mobile boarding passes and touchless payment at dining and retail.
Check out our new "Fly Easy at LGB" video to understand what you can expect at Long Beach Airport (hint: it involves lots of fresh air).
For real-time updates, follow LGB on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @LGBAirport.
For regular updates and prevention tips from the City of Long Beach Health and Human Services Department, please visit www.longbeach.gov/covid19. For the latest travel guidance, please consult the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
Please contact your airline directly with any questions about changes in flight schedules.