Sign Up for a Library Card
Wish you had a Long Beach Public Library card? Good news! We want to get you signed up.
To get started follow these simple steps:
1. Fill out our online application and hit submit.
2. Write down your temporary barcode number.
3. Give us a call at (562) 570-7500, Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm, and a staff member will give you the barcode number for your Computer Use Only card so you can access all of our digital content.
4. When the libraries reopen, come visit us and we'll bump your card up to a Full Access card.
Is an online card sign-up right for you?
- If you already have a full access library card, you do not need to sign up again.
- If you have lost your library card number or need to reset your pin number give us a call at (562) 570-7500. LBPL staff is available to answer your questions Tuesday through Saturday, from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm.
- Learn more about our different types of library cards.