Meet Libby, a free app from Overdrive! You can borrow ebooks and audiobooks instantly. Libby is available for Android, iOS, Windows 10, some Chromebooks, and in your browser at libbyapp.com.
Getting started is easy—all you need is the Libby app and your library card. Libby features a built-in ebook reader and audiobook player, or books can be set up to be sent to your Kindle automatically.
You can also:
- Sign in to multiple libraries, with one or more cards for each library.
- Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space.
- If you prefer reading on your Kindle, Libby can send your library books to it.
- All your loans and holds are consolidated on a single shelf.
- Keep track of your reading history in the Activity tab.
- Positions, bookmarks, and notes are kept in sync across your devices.
- Sample any book with a tap—nothing to download or delete.
To get started, install the Libby app from your device's app store.
Or, visit libbyapp.com in your browser.
Need Help? Check out the Libby FAQ + support site.
What's the difference between Libby and the Overdrive app?
Libby is the newest app offered by Overdrive. It has the same collection of ebooks + audiobooks as the Overdrive app—it's just a different way to access the same titles. Overdrive is the "classic" app + Libby is the newest app! Learn more.
In addition to Overdrive, LBPL offers ebooks through CloudLibrary and Axis360.
Explore the LBPL Digital Library.