Improving Your Digital Book Experience: Moving from Axis360 to OverDrive
LBPL is constantly working to enhance our patrons' digital experience. We are improving our system for how you read, listen to, check out, and reserve eBook and eAudiobook titles for Children. The library is moving Children's eBooks and eAudiobooks from the Axis360 platform to our OverDrive platform and Libby app where we already have eBooks and eAudiobooks for Adults and Teens. This change will go into effect on Tuesday, December 17, 2019.
Why Make A Change?
After receiving feedback from our patrons, including concerns about Axis360 compatibility with certain devices, LBPL studied both platforms and concluded that OverDrive is simply a better experience for our patrons. It’s faster, easier, and offers more titles!
- OverDrive (and its app Libby) is easy to use and is very reliable.
- Having eBooks and eAudiobooks in one place for all audiences makes it easier to find what you want.
- The number of checkouts for Children's eBooks and eAudiobooks will increase from 10 to 25.
- The number of holds you can place for Children's eBooks and eAudiobooks will increase from 10 to 25.
Your Holds Will Transfer
If you have holds on Axis360, they will be moved to OverDrive, we will make an announcement on our website when this process is complete.
Please Note: Any wish lists you have in Axis360 will not move to OverDrive. The same titles will be on Overdrive, so you can add them to your wish list there after the move is complete.
Do I Need To Do Anything?
No. Try exploring the OverDrive platform and downloading the Libby app if you haven’t used them before. Here is the OverDrive “Getting Started Guide,” including device specific instructions.
Please Note: Your current checkouts in Axis360 will not move to OverDrive. We highly encourage you to finish reading or listening to your current checkouts prior to December 9th.
- November 20: No new holds can be placed in Axis360. Begin browsing our existing collections in OverDrive or Libby!
- December 2: No new checkouts in Axis360. No worries, we already have some Children’s eBooks and eAudiobooks available for checkout in OverDrive or Libby!
- December 9: Axis360 no longer available; eBooks and eAudiobooks that are moving to OverDrive will be unavailable for up to 1 week until the move is complete.
- December 17: All eBooks and eAudiobooks formerly on Axis360 will be available on OverDrive.
- December 17: Transferring of holds from Axis360 to OverDrive begins. When the transition is complete, email notices will be sent to Axis360 users with current email addresses on their Axis360 account. Please check before December 2 to make sure your email is correct so we can keep you informed. You can also check out the library news on our home page for updates.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Do you have a recommendation that will help us improve our Digital Library? We'd love to hear from you!