| || || || |
Get A Little History Between Your Toes!
A Celebration of Adobe!
Sunday, August 19, 2012
12:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Stomp adobe bricks like those used to build the ranch house
- Whitewash the adobe horno and help build an adobe wall
- Learn how earthworms and composting help soil
- Sculpt clay -- an element of adobe - and watch a ceramicist demonstrate his skill
- Explore archaeology and learn how mud can preserve ancient relics
- Make adobe-themed crafts and play muddy games
- Browse the Museum Shop and recharge at the snack booth
- Enjoy live music by The Witcher Brothers
- Get Into A Little History!
$6 adults, $4 children 4-12
At least one adult per five children, please.
Plan on getting muddy! Wear old clothes & bring towels! Shoes required!
De-mudding stations available, but no showering allowed.
Parking limited to lot across the street and Virginia Road. No picnicking or pets please.
Rancho Los Cerritos Historic Site
4600 N. Virginia Rd., Long Beach
(562) 570-1755 5 www.rancholoscerritos.org
(one block west of Long Beach Blvd. at San Antonio Dr. )
A joint presentation by Friends of Rancho Los Cerritos & Rancho Los Cerritos Historic Site, Dept. of Parks, Recreation & Marine, City of Long Beach.
This info is available in an alternate format. If special accommodation is required, please call (562) 570-1755 at least 48 hours in advance.
| || || |