South end of The Colonnade, Naples Island
Hours: 5 a.m. – 10 p.m.
The Colonnade Park is the southern most 110 feet of that fill adjacent to Rivo Alto Canal and is improved with lawn, palm trees, and benches. Night lighting was added in 2008.
The Colonnade was originally a canal. Following the 1933 earthquake, the old wooden seawalls built by the island developers failed. With federal Works Progress Administration, Los Angeles County, City of Long Beach and Naples property owner funding, the seawalls were rebuilt between 1937 and 1939 with the current concrete walls. During the rebuilding, The Colonnade Canal was filled in and a road placed upon much of it.
Benches & Landscaping.