El Dorado Nature Center is partnering with the California Coastal Commission to coordinate five cleanup sites in Long Beach. Joining us as site captains are the Aquarium of the Pacific, Seal Beach Yacht Club, Long Beach Marine Institute, and Clean LB.
We invite you to participate in this great collaborative event. As a community, we can make a positive impact on the health of our local coastline.
- Saturday, September 15, 2018.
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Participating is easy - all you have to do is show up at any of our sites and sign in!
We have five sites in Long Beach:
- Alamitos Bay Marina (255 N. Marina Drive.)
- Belmont Pier (End of Termino Ave. at Ocean Blvd.)
- Sea Scout Base (near Mother’s Beach, 5875 Apian Way)
- Cherry Beach (End of Junipero Ave. at Ocean Blvd. )
- Peninsula (End of 72nd Place at Ocean Blvd.)
What do I bring?
All participants must sign a liability waiver form. Waivers will be available at each site or you can download and bring one with you.
Bags and gloves will be provided at each site.
We encourage everyone to bring a reusable bag or bucket and a pair of old gardening or work gloves to pick up trash. Be creative, and repurpose a milk jug or box into a trash-collecting container. This will help us limit the amount of trash we create.
If you have any questions please call 562 570-1745.