King Park Pool will re-open to Lap Swim and Water Exercise
Monday, June 29th, 2020.
If you have any questions regarding specific King Pool classes or reservations please call the pool office at (562)570-1718.
**King Pool will be closed on July 4th.
Children must be at least 42 inches tall or accompanied by an adult in the water at all times. Swimsuits required. Infants must wear swim diapers. Water temperature is maintained between 83-86 degrees. The pool is an indoor year round facility. Schedule may be subject to change.
We will no longer allow drop in swims. Please pre-register for a time slot for any of the following activities. You can register up to (2) weeks in advance. Walk-in registration is also available during normal operating hours.
Summer OPEN SWIM FEES:
Swim fee per entry. No refunds.
Youth (17 & under), $1
Adults (18 - 49), $3
Senior (50+), $2
Fees may be subject to change.
|Lap Swim||Tu/Th/F||6 am -7:45 am|
|Sun - Sat||Noon - 12:45 pm|
|1:00 pm- 1:45pm|
|2:00 pm -2:45 pm|
|All Ages Rec. Swim||Cancelled Summer 2020|
WATER EXERCISE CLASS:
Ages 16 & up. Looking for a new style of exercise? This is the class for you! It will help you shape-up and keep fit. This class is offered on an on-going basis. Don't miss the fun! Fee is $3/class meeting for Adults; Seniors 50+, Free.
|Tu/Th/F||6:30 am - 7:20 am||Deep Water|
|Tu/Th/F||8 am - 8:50 am||Shallow Water|
|M/W||6 pm- 6:50 pm||Shallow Water|
LEARN TO SWIM PROGRAM
Sessions are 8 classes, conducted during a two-week session (Mon-Thursday) or a eight week session (Sat only). Registration for the classes will be taken at King Park Pool. Cash or checks made out to the "City of Long Beach" are accepted. Refunds for classes will only be granted prior to the first class meeting, with a $10 service charge assessed. If you are unsure of the level for which to sign-up, call or stop by the pool to arrange for a swim test.
- Youth classes are 20 minutes in length; adult classes are 50 minutes in length. Registration for classes will be taken at King Pool during regular scheduled hours or online on a first-come, first-served basis. Please register early to reserve your place in class and no later than one week prior to the beginning of the session.
- To help protect staff and participants from the spread of COVID-19, class formats will be modified, including reduced class sizes and instruction from the pool deck. PK 1-3 and levels 1-3 will require adult household member participation in the water. To ensure the safety of all, participants will not be allowed in the class unless a parent/guardian is with them in the water.
- If you are unsure of the level for which to sign up, call (562) 570-1718 to arrange a swim test. Classes may be cancelled or combined in the event of low enrollment.
Competitive springboard and platform diving for all levels taught by Debby McCormick. For more information, please visit www.mccormickdivers.com or call (714) 846-5731
New Pool Rules
- Pre-registration required for all activities.
- Participants will be asked to line up on marked spots as they arrive and will be assigned their own lane (only one swimmer per lane allowed).
- Participants must wear face masks while checking in at the entrance, and the entire time while in our facility, except for when they are in the water – participants are encouraged to bring sealable baggies to keep their masks clean and dry while they are swimming.
- Participants must come dressed in their swim suits, as changing facilities will not be available
- Participants are also encouraged to only bring few necessities on deck, leave the rest of their belongings in their car or at home
- Participants will be granted access to facility at the designated entrance, one at a time, at the start of their registered time slot
- Participants will be allowed to walk through the locker rooms to shower before walking on deck.
- Participants are to walk to their assigned lane and associated section of bleachers to place down any belongings
- No equipment will be available to participants; they are encouraged to bring their own preferred swim equipment.
- Participants will be asked to exit the water at the end of their registered time slot, regardless of time they entered the water.
- Participants will dry and gather their belongings and will be ushered off the deck through the breezeway emergency exit.
- No showering at our facility will be permitted after swimming