City of Long Beach
Public Information Office
333 W. Ocean Blvd,
Long Beach, CA 90802
City Offices and Services
City of Long Beach offices and services will adhere to the following schedule on Monday, February 18, 2019. City Hall re-opens on Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
Closed on Monday, February 18:
· Animal Care Services and spcaLA (Animal Control Officers are available to respond to calls for service)
· Career Transition Center
· Center for Working Families
· City Hall
· Citizen Police Complaint Commission
· Code Enforcement services
· El Dorado Nature Center
· Fire Headquarters, Support Services, Fire Prevention, & Operations, including Marine Safety Administration
· Gas Services (Emergencies: 562.570.2140)
· Health Department and Health facilities
· Housing Authority
· Neighborhood Resource Center
· Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Center
· Park offices and community park facilities
· Police administration
· Street Sweeping
· Swimming pools
· Towing and Lien Sales
· Water Department (Emergencies: 562.570.2390)
Open on Monday, February 18:
· Fire Stations and Lifeguard Stations
· El Dorado Regional Park
· Main Police Station Front Desk
· Marina offices
· Parking Enforcement
· Refuse and Recycling Collection
There will be no scheduled street sweeping or enforcement of street sweeping violations on Monday, February 18; services for that day will not be rescheduled. Street sweeping will resume its regular schedule on Tuesday, February 19.
Read your parking meter: Parking meters will be enforced on Monday, February 18 unless the meter states "Exempt on Holidays." The days and hours of enforcement are displayed inside the meters. Beach lots as well as red, white, and blue curbs are always enforced, even on holidays.
Trash and Recycling will be collected as scheduled on Monday, February 18.
Towing and Lien Sales
The Towing Operations & Vehicle Storage Facility that is located at 3111 E. Willow Street between Temple Avenue and Redondo Avenue will be closed on Monday, February 18. Normal business hours are:
· Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
· Saturday, 8.00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
· Closed Sunday and Holidays.
Vehicles and property are available for release outside of the hours listed above for an additional fee. More information can be found online.
All Long Beach Public Libraries will be closed on Saturday, February 16 in observance of Presidents Day. Bay Shore, Burnett, El Dorado, and Michelle Obama Neighborhood Libraries will be open on Sunday, February 17. All Libraries are closed on Mondays, per their normal schedule and will reopen on Tuesday, February 19 (except for the Main Library, as indicated below). The library catalog, downloads, and databases are available 24/7.
Main Library Temporary Closure
On Saturday, January 19, 2019, the Main Library, located at 101 Pacific Avenue, closed in preparation for its summer 2019 grand opening at the new Main Library (200 W. Broadway Avenue). During the closure, library materials may still be returned to the Main Library outside book drop and will be checked daily. Items may also be returned in person at any open Long Beach library location. The closest neighborhood libraries to the current Main Library are:
• Alamitos Library, 1836 E. 3rd Street.
• Mark Twain Library, 1401 E. Anaheim Street.
• Burnett Library, 560 E. Hill Street.
• Bret Harte Library, 1595 W. Willow Street.
During the Main Library closure, patrons will be able to place requests for books and other materials and choose their temporary location for pick-up. Requests can be made in person at any open library location or through the library’s online catalog at encore.lbpl.org.
The public can obtain information regarding the temporary closure through informational flyers posted at Long Beach libraries, by visiting the Main Library's website (www.lbpl.org) for announcements, by following the conversation on social media, and by calling (562) 570-6016.