City crews have prepared for the current rainstorm and are
responding with a well-coordinated effort to minimize impacts on
residents and infrastructure. Overall the City of Long Beach
withstood the storm well. Impacts in Long Beach
- El Dorado Nature Center trails are closed through Saturday, and
will reopen when conditions permit.
- Street Sweeping was cancelled citywide on Friday.
- City crews have responded to reports of multiple downed trees,
including at least six trees on cars and one tree on a house.
- City crews have responded to reports of flooding in various
areas of the City that are prone to flooding, and have cleared
blocked storm drains.
More rain is expected this weekend.
- To report street flooding or downed trees, call
- Sand and Sandbags – Sand is currently available at the
Long Beach Public Works/Public Service Yard, 1651 San Francisco
Ave., at the Esther Street Gate and at the following Long Beach
- Station No. 7, 2295 Elm Ave.
- The Old Station No. 12, 6509 Gundry Ave.
- Station No. 13, 2475 Adriatic Ave.
- Station No. 14, 5200 E. Eliot St.
Empty sandbags are available at all neighborhood Fire Stations
(excluding Fire Stations located at the Port of Long Beach and
Long Beach Airport).