Energy Saving Tips by Month
- Set heating thermostat at 68 degrees for one (1) hour in morning and night to take the chill off your home, then turn thermostat completely off.
- Weather-strip around doors.
- Caulk cracks around doors and windows.
- Close fireplace dampers when not in use.
- Set water heater thermostat to "low" or a lower setting and see if that is sufficient for your needs; increase thermostat setting if necessary.
- Turn down the pilot to "pilot only" when you are away for extended periods of time.
Spring Cleaning Time! Take advantage of our free refuse pick-up, available two times per year.
On sunny days, let the sun shine in by opening blinds or draperies during the day; and close them just before sunset.
- Remember, if the grass in your lawn springs back as you walk on it, water is not necessary.
- Remove weeds. They steal water needed by ornamentals.
Check anywhere water may have collected and dispose of it. Mosquitoes lay their eggs in standing water.
Do not use the hose to clean sidewalks or paths, use a broom; conserve water!
Match pot size to burner size and use lids when cooking. Do laundry in cold or warm water.
Now is the time to have your furnace inspected and cleaned before winter. Don't forget to replace the filter if your furnace has one.
Now is the time to call (562) 570-2100, for furnace pilot lighting. We will also do a safety check on your furnace, although we will not make repairs. We schedule in two four hour time periods and an adult must be present for us to enter the premises. The first pilot lighting each year is free of charge, but please call now before temperatures drop.
- Prepare for the Coming Winter Season
- If you have a forced air furnace, change the filter. This will make your furnace run more efficient.
- Make sure a water heater insulation wrap surrounds your water heater. This will help you conserve gas.
- If you feel a draft coming through your doors or windows, use weather-strips
- These simple tips will save you money this winter.
- Most increases in gas use during the winter is a result of space heating.
- The best temperature for your space heater's thermostat is 68 degrees or below. Before bedtime consider turning it down or completely off. Using this simple tip will save you money during the winter season