Lost & Found
If you found a healthy animal, and you are able to care for them for a few days, please email the following information to email@example.com:
• Photo of the animal
• Location where animal was found
|Lost Dogs||Lost Cats||Lost Rabbits, Birds, Reptiles, etc.|
Lost your Pet?
We highly recommend all of the following steps in order for you to find your missing pet.
Canvass your neighborhood- Talk to your neighbors, ask them to keep an eye out, give them your contact information. Register for a free "Animal Alert" for your cat or dog on LostMyDoggie They will create a professional lost pet flyer and Fax AND Email it to 25 nearby shelters/vets! Don't let this replace your hard work though, this should complement your efforts!
Post your lost pet on social media sites- Facebook, Instagram, etc. Send descriptive emails about your lost pet to your animal shelter, local friends, colleagues and family members, and ask them to pass on the info to anyone they can. Post messages to animal forums and message boards run by groups based in your area, lots of parks and dog parks have online communities.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to walk our kennels - If you do not find your pet, please ask an Animal Care Services staff member to check our Isolation, Feral and Quarantine sections.
Check with veterinary hospitals, the mail carrier, meter reader, delivery people and other shelters. (If the pet may enter into another shelter's jurisdiction). It is not uncommon for a lost pet to wander for several miles, so search at least 7 blocks in either direction.
Don't Give Up!
How Do I Claim My Pet?
Email email@example.com to make an appointment to claim your pet. You must be 18 years old or older to redeem an animal. The following identifying information must be provided at the time of reclaim:
- Proof of license
- Proof of rabies inoculation
- Certificate of sterility
- Medical records for pet
- Adoption or purchase documents
- Microchip information
- Photo of animal (combined with documents above)
- MUST HAVE Government identification (i.e. drivers license, passport)
- MUST HAVE Applicable Fees (cash or MasterCard or Visa) no checks for redemptions
It is for the protection of the owner and the pet that we cannot redeem any pet without proof of ownership.
The following requirements must be met prior to any pet being released to its owner:
- All cats and dogs over the age of four months are required by Long Beach Municipal Code 6.08.010 to have a current City of Long Beach dog license.
- All dogs over the age of four months are required by Seal Beach, Signal Hill, Cerritos or Los Alamitos Municipal Codes to have a current license.
- No cat or dog over the age of four months will be released without establishing the proof of a valid rabies inoculation. If proof cannot be determined the animal must be inoculated before it may leave the facility. This may require the pet to stay an additional day for qualified staff to perform the inoculation.
- No pet will be redeemed into the custody of its owner until all established fees have been paid.
- All payments for redemption of pets will be cash or credit card, no checks accepted.
Once a pet has been held the required holding period and has been adopted into a new home it is the property of the new owner. If your pet has been adopted, staff will contact the new owner and ask if they wish to return the pet or contact the owner. If the new owner chooses not to return the pet or contact the owner there is no other action that we can take as completed adoptions are final.