Due to staffing shortages, the voucher delay is approximately one  month.
- Vouchers are provided on a first-come, first-served basis to only residents of Long Beach & contract cities of Los Alamitos, Cerritos, and Signal Hill.
Whether you own a pet, have found a pet, are conducting TNR activities, or you are a rescue organization that has taken a pet from LBACS, you qualify to receive a voucher.
*PLEASE EMAIL ANIMALCARE@LONGBEACH.GOV WITH PROOF OF RESIDENCE (PHOTO OF ID/UTILITY BILL) AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR VOUCHER REQUEST. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A VOUCHER WITHOUT PROOF OF RESIDENCE. PLEASE SEND THE INFORMATION ONCE.
Pet owners receive the voucher, either through email or direct mail. They make an appointment at a participating veterinarian for services. They give the voucher to the clinic and pay the remaining balance for services. For example, if the clinic charges $150 for a cat neuter, then the owner would pay the remaining balance after the voucher is applied. If the voucher is for $60, then the owner would need to pay the clinic the remaining $90 at the time services are rendered. The clinic sends the voucher to LBACS who then reimburses the clinic for the amount on the voucher. Voucher amounts vary depending on the voucher recipient.
Don’t see your veterinarian listed? Let us know and we will reach out to them and invite them to join our list. Availability and pricing will vary. Please call ahead for pricing and appointment information. The City of Long Beach is not responsible for services or procedures provided at participating hospitals or clinics. Every hospital or clinic is responsible for its own liability insurance. Feedback may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ABC Animal Hospital, 9121 Walker Street, Cypress, CA 90630, 714-995-8033
- Amazing Small Animal Practice, 14800 S. Western Ave, Gardena, CA 90249, 310-908-0510
- Belmont Heights Animal Hospital, 255 Redondo Ave., Long Beach, CA 90803, 562-439-6871
- Belmont Shore Veterinary Hospital, 6222 Pacific Coast Highway, Long Beach CA 90802, 562-961-0028
- Blue Cross Veterinary Hospital, 2665 E. Pacific Coast Highway, Long Beach, CA 90755, 562-494-0975
- Boulevard Animal Hospital, 2139 E. Artesia Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90805, 562-633-6514
- Fix Long Beach, 1749 Magnolia Ave., Long Beach, CA 90813, 562-337-8268
- Golden State Humane Society, 555 E. Artesia Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90805, 562-423-8406
- Los Coyotes Pet Hospital, 3599 N. Los Coyotes Diagonal Suite B, Long Beach, CA 90808, 562-627-1000
- Mercy Animal Medical Center, 2141 E. Market Street, Long Beach, CA 90805, 562-423-5458
- Parkview Pet Hospital, 4103 Viking Way, Suite A, Long Beach, CA 90808, 562-425-8140
- Primary Care Animal Hospital, 2200 N. Lakewood Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90815, 562-274-7776
- Primary Care Animal Hospital, 920 E. Wardlow Rd. Long Beach, CA 90815, 562-471-7711
- Signal Hill Animal Hospital, 3449 E. Pacific Coast Highway, Signal Hill, CA 90804, 562-597-5533
- SNPLA, 3612 11th Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90018, 310-241-0769 • 310-574-5555
- SNPLA, 957 N. Gaffey Street, San Pedro, CA 90731, 310-241-0769 • 310-574-5555
- Spring Animal Hospital, 5858 E. Spring St. Long Beach CA 90815 • 562-421-8463
- Vet Care Pet Clinic, 12453 Valley View Street, Garden Grove, CA 92845, 714-895-8600
- The program began in 2009 and can continue because of generous people like you! Help keep funds available by donating any amount to the Dr. Loren Eslinger Spay and Neuter Fund.