NOTICE: PLEASE READ | BEACH STREETS WILL SIGNIFIGANTLY IMPACT PARKING & TRAFFIC ON MARCH 21, 2020.
**TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Beach Streets University
Event Time: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Beach Streets is an Open Streets event designed to showcase businesses & neighborhoods. For a single day, we close a major traffic corridor to cars & open the street to people walking & bicycling. The event attracts local residents & visitors from across the region to explore & discover the area at a slower "foot-traffic" pace. Previous Beach Streets events have attracted more than 40,000 people!
- Participants of all ages will enjoy family-friendly entertainment at festival hubs along the route, including Wardlow Rd, Atlantic Ave & Houghton Park.
- Opportunity for participants to discover local businesses & services. Try a new restaurant. Explore a new retail store. Find a business service that suits your needs.
- Suggested modes of transportation along the route include: Walking, bicycles, wheelchairs, skates, rollerblades, skateboards, etc… Basically anything without a motor (officially marked means of transportation for those with disabilities excepted).
- The event route is free of vehicle traffic & parked cars, no cars on the street!
STREET CLOSURE INFORMATION
If you are a resident who only has access from the closed route, you will NOT have in & out vehicular access from 9:00 AM – 6:30 PM. Please do not park on the Beach Streets route. Please park on surrounding side streets.
NO PARKING BEGINS ON THE BEACH STREETS ROUTE BEGINNING AT 7:00 AM. IF ANY CAR IS PARKED ON THE ROUTE AFTER 7:00 AM, the CAR WILL BE TOWED.
Streets closures: Atherton Street, Bellflower Boulevard, Los Coyotes Diagonal, Spring Street.
No parking signs shall be posted 72 hours in advance.
Select side streets to the route shall be closed to thru traffic. No parking signs shall be posted on select portions of side streets.
The “Crossings” on the map are to allow for vehicular traffic to cross the route.
- No parking signs shall be posted 72 hours in advance
Posting times shall be from 7:00 AM – 6:30 PM (Unless Otherwise Noted)
7:00 AM – Hard Closure | Festival Area
Spring Street | Bellflower Blvd. – Los Coyotes Diagonal
- Spring Street | Palo Verde Ave. – Studebaker Rd.
7:00 AM – No parking goes into effect along the route
7:30 AM – Streets begin to close
9:00 AM – Hard Closure of Route
10:00 AM – Event Begins
4:00 PM – Event Ends
4:30 PM – Begin opening route
- 6:30 PM – Route if fully open to traffic
Select portions of the route shall be posted for “NO PARKING” prior to 7:00 AM & will close prior to 9:00 AM to allow for setup of event festivities.
** INFORMATION STATED ABOVE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Please check back for updates.