Office of Cannabis Oversight
The Office of Cannabis Oversight (OCO) regulates the local cannabis industry in Long Beach. The OCO's role is to coordinate the implementation of the City's cannabis laws and regulations.
Some of the types of matters handled by the office:
- Research and develop best practices for adult-use and medical cannabis businesses;
- Assist City departments in the implementation of cannabis ordinances and regulations;
- Engage the cannabis industry and community to ensure all cannabis regulations are followed;
- Work with the Health Department to educate the public on cannabis health and safety related issues;
- Collaborate with other cities and state agencies to create uniform regulations.