CITY OF LONG BEACH
OUTDOOR DINING GRANT PROGRAM
The City of Long Beach Outdoor Dining Grant Program will provide financial relief to Long Beach bars, breweries, distilleries, restaurants, and wineries. It will administer grants up to $10,000 to reimburse a variety of existing eligible expenses associated with operating outdoors. Eligible expenses must have been incurred between June 1, 2020 and December 28, 2020.
The Outdoor Dining Grant Prequalification Form will open on Friday, December 18 and close on Monday, December 28 at 4:00 p.m. (PST). Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
To qualify for a grant, businesses must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be located in Long Beach and have been impacted by COVID-19.
- Must have obtained City of Long Beach business license by March 1, 2020.
- Must be approved to operate outdoors with one of the following:
- An approved COVID-19 Outdoor Activities Permit (OAP)
- An approved COVID-19 Parklet Permit
- An approved Sidewalk Permit
- Must be operating in adherence to City Health Order; must not be permanently closed
- Must operate a bar, brewery, distillery, restaurant, or winery
- Business owners that own multiple establishments may apply more than once, but they will only become eligible for a second grant, if funds remain after all applications have been reviewed
Use of Funding
All funds must be spent on eligible expenses related to outdoor dining and in response to compliance with COVID-19 Health Orders. Eligible expenses include the following:
- Contactless payment systems
- Deck installation/improvements
- Personal protective equipment (e.g., face masks, face shields, gloves, hand sanitizer, etc.)
- Sanitization equipment
- Shade sails
- Safety equipment (e.g., barriers, reflectors, etc.)
Purchases must be made between June 1, 2020 and December 28, 2020. Only existing eligible expenses will be reimbursed. All documentation will be thoroughly reviewed. It is encouraged that eligible businesses have these documents prepared and ready for submission 3-4 days after submitting a Prequalification Form.
To apply for the Outdoor Dining Grant Program, businesses shall complete the following steps:
- Review Outdoor Dining Grant Program eligibility requirements.
- If eligible, complete the online Outdoor Dining Grant Prequalification Form.
- Businesses that are prequalified by the City will be required to submit the following information before receiving final approval for a grant award:
- Business owner’s valid government photo ID (i.e. driver’s license)
- Proof of City of Long Beach COVID-19 Outdoor Activities Permit, COVID-19 Parklet Permit, or Sidewalk Permit
- Receipts, paid invoices and/or other supporting documentation that verifies all expenses are eligible for reimbursement under the Outside Dining Grant Program
- Copy of City of Long Beach Business License
- Businesses that are approved for a grant will be required to submit the following upon request:
- Signed Grant Agreement
- W9 Form
Outdoor Dining Grant Prequalification Form
PLEASE NOTE: Completing a Prequalification Form is the first step in qualifying for the Outdoor Dining Grant. Businesses that prequalify for a grant will be required to submit receipts, paid invoices, and other supporting documentation to verify that all expenses to be reimbursed are eligible expenses under the Outdoor Dining Grant Program. Businesses are strongly encouraged to prepare these documents for submission as they will be due within 3-4 days of notice of prequalification.
Click here to begin the Outdoor Dining Grant Prequalification Form.
Businesses that require assistance completing the online Outdoor Dining Grant Prequalification Form may call the City’s BizCare Hotline to receive assistance or visit one of the City’s BizCare Pop-Ups. More information on these services is provided below:
- Phone number: (562) 570-4249
- Hours of operation: Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
BizCare pop-ups are currently taking place through Dec. 30, as follows:
- Mondays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Admiral Kidd Park (2125 Santa Fe Ave.)
- Tuesdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Michelle Obama Neighborhood Library (5870 Atlantic Ave.)
- Wednesdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Michelle Obama Neighborhood Library
- Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mark Twain Neighborhood Library (1401 E. Anaheim St.)
- Application submission does not guarantee a grant.
- Funds are subject to availability.
- The City reserves the right to grant less than the requested amount based on availability of funds and overall grant portfolio.
- Only businesses located in Long Beach, California are eligible to apply for grant funding.
For more information about business assistance and resources, people can go to the Business Support webpage or contact the City’s BizCare Hotline at 562.570.4BIZ.