Donations for People Experiencing Homelessness
Many requests have been coming in from across the city to help people who are experiencing homelessness. While the City of Long Beach and homeless service providers are working to ensure people get into shelter and their basic needs met, extra assistance is necessary and appreciated to meet these increased needs.
One important way residents can help is to provide various types of donations. Donations can be dropped off at the City of Long Beach Multi-Service Center located at 1301 W. 12th Street, Long Beach, 90813.
Hygiene kit items:
- Gallon ziplock bags
- Hand wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Feminine Products
- Dry shampoo
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Wash cloths
- Shaving Kit
Lunch and dinner items:
Items that can be served as quick meals or handed out in lunch bags or can restock food pantries.
- Deli meats
- Condiments (i.e. mayonnaise, mustard, lettuce, tomato)
- Sliced cheese
- Peanut butter
- Individualized drinks (i.e., juices, water)
- Snacks (i.e., granola bars, Power bars)
- Canned food
- Instant oatmeal
- Instant soup
Supplies to assemble to-go food:
- Small food containers
- Paper lunch bags
- Reusable bags for groceries
- Paper lids
- Individualized bags
Donations of new and lightly used clothing:
The Multi-Service Center serves as one of the primary coordinated entry locations for homeless services. Multiple agencies collaborate to provide integrated, on-site care, including:
- Mail and message center
- Shower facilities
- Housing and Services Assessments
- Case management
- Linkage to community based services
- HOME program
- HIV housing services
- Medical, employment and veteran services
Over 1,000 individuals and families visit the MSC each year to receive one-time or ongoing services aimed at creating opportunities for healthy, thriving households.
The Multi-Service Center is located at 1301 W. 12th Street, Long Beach, CA 90813. To contact the center, please visit at the times below or call (562) 570-4500.
|Long Beach Multi-Service Center Hours of Operation|
|Day of the Week||Hours (Note: The MSC is closed from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. daily)|
|Monday||8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
Other Resources in Los Angeles County
- 211 LA County
- Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority
- St. Joseph's Center
- People Assisting The Homeless
- Pocket Guide Resource Directory - List of agencies that offer services to individuals and families in the Long Beach area.
- Community Food/Clothing Listing - Information on food and clothing resources in the Long Beach area.
If you would like to request this information in an alternative format, please call (562) 570-4176.
Esta información está disponible en un formato alternativo por petición a la División de Servicios para Desamparados en (562) 570-4176.
The Housing Authority of the City of Long Beach (HACLB)’s mission is to provide high-quality housing assistance for Long Beach’s low income households through:
- Effectively and efficiently utilizing resources
- Promoting a positive image through excellent customer service and clear and open communication
- Continually educating staff and clients
For more information about the Housing Authority, please visit: http://longbeach.gov/haclb/
For a list of Affordable Housing Rental Units in the City of Long Beach, please visit: The Long Beach Housing and Neighborhood Services Bureau: Affordable Housing Rental Units.