The mission of the Housing Authority of the City of Long Beach is to provide support and rental assistance for people in need to give them expanded access to affordable and safe housing by effectively utilizing government resources and community partnerships.
The Housing Authority of the City of Long Beach envisions a community where every person has a stable and decent place to call home, where families thrive and have access to growth and development.
ABOUT USThe Housing Authority of the City of Long Beach administers the City's Rental Housing Assistance Programs. These rental subsidy programs are designed to provide financial and technical assistance services to low-income, elderly, and disabled residents of Long Beach so they can live with dignity in decent, safe, and sanitary housing conditions.
Currently, we collaborate with over 2,600 housing providers to assist more than 7,000 households in Long Beach through the following programs:
- HCV - Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8 Rental Assistance Program) More Information
- HOPWA - Housing Opportunities for Persons Living With AIDS. More Information
- VASH - Veteran's Affairs Supportive Housing - More Information
- SPC - Shelter Plus Care and Homeless Assistance Program (in partnership with the Health Department's Continuum of Care Program) - More Information
- PBV - Project-Based Vouchers - More Information
The waiting list for the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) program is currently closed. We will provide an update as soon as it reopens.