Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the City of Long Beach to actively promote and provide equal employment opportunity to all persons on all matters affecting City employment.
The City of Long Beach is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in employment practices, and reaffirms its commitment that no person shall benefit or be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, or any other basis that is inconsistent with federal or state statutes, the City Charter, ordinances, resolutions, rules, or regulations.
- Personnel Policies and Procedures, 2.1 - Discrimination Complaints
- Personnel Policies and Procedures, 2.2 - Unlawful Harassment Complaints
- Administrative Regulation 8-10, Policy Regarding Sexual Harassment
To ensure the enactment of this policy, the City Manager has approved of the Equal Employment Opportunity Plan. The plan analyzes the City's work force, identifies areas of under-utilization and establishes specific objectives for achieving a representative workforce at all levels of employment.
- Access a PDF copy of the Equal Employment Opportunity Plan
- Access a PDF copy of the Workforce Diversity Report
Know Your Rights
- City of Long Beach Equal Employment Opportunity Brochure
- California Law Prohibits Workplace Discrimination and Harassment
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
- Transgender Rights in the Workplace
- City of Long Beach Equal Employment Opportunity Brochure (Spanish)
- California Law Prohibits Workplace Discrimination and Harassment (Spanish)
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
The brochure provides the contact information for designated EEO Counselors by department. For additional information, please contact the City's EEO Office.