How to Apply
The City of Long Beach Management Assistant Program, one of the most respected municipal management development programs in the country, typically accept applications between October through late January/early February. Please see the below information for current deadlines.
The 2024-2025 Management Assistant Program application is now open. The final deadline for the application is Friday, December 15, 2023 at 2:00PM PST.
|2024-2025 Program Brochure
Completing the Application:
Applications must submit their applications online by accessing this link. Materials to be submitted online include:
- Cover letter and resume that clearly reflect the scope and level of current/most recent positions and responsibilities, including any honors achievement and school/extracurricular activities.
- Proof of Master's Degree (copy of diploma or unofficial transcripts).
- Responses to the online supplemental questions:
- Answers per question should be no more than two pages. Please use the following formatting: single-spaced, Arial 12 pt font, 1" margins. Applicants will not be penalized if formatting does not follow.
How will serving as a Management Assistant with the City of Long Beach equip you in realizing your short-term and long-term career goals/professional aspirations? What is it about the City of Long Beach that makes this your position of choice?
Describe the most complex analysis that you have completed in either a work, internship, or school project/assignment. Please briefly describe the project/assignment and your role, describe the issue that required analysis and the significance of the project/assignment, any analytical tools used to complete the project/assignment, what the outcome of the analysis was and what you learned about yourself and your skills.
Describe three qualities that you possess that you believe will make you successful as a Long Beach Management Assistant.
* Incomplete applications or applications that clearly do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
The deadline for application submissions is Friday, December 15, 2023 at 2:00PM PST.
Phone: (562) 570-7165
The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of the organization.