Community Development



This two-story Queen Anne cottage was originally constructed for the parson of the First Congregational Church. It has been moved three times. The original location was on Cedar Avenue south of Cerritos Hall at 3rd and Cedar, which was then used by the Church. It was moved to 3rd Street in 1899 to the west side of a new church building. When the present Congregational Church was constructed in 1914, the Parsonage was moved off-site. In 1927 it was moved to its present location at 7th and Pacific, where it is a rental duplex. Its history is linked to Jotham Bixby and to the First Congregational Church. It has survived virtually intact today.