- City Officials
Opening a Business
Doing Business With The City
- LBDS Home
- About Us
- Resources & Forms
- Programs & Projects
Housing & Neighborhood Services
Applications & Forms
ELECTRONIC PLAN CHECK (EPC)
SUBMIT YOUR PLANS BY EMAIL!
- Save Time and Money!
- Trouble-free and easy submittal process.
- Eliminate the printing and delivery of plans to the City.
- Receive plan review and/or final approval sooner via email.
- More efficient review and approval across Citywide departments.
The City of Long Beach now offers a simple and efficient plan submittal and review service. You can submit construction documents for review and approval via email from the convenience of your home or office, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Note: At this time, we do not accept requests for Expedited Plan Check Service.
EPC SUBMITTAL PROCESS
The following steps will help guide you through the EPC submittal process:
- Review the Plan Review Services webpage for the minimum information required on construction documents.
- Convert the construction documents (i.e., plans and other technical specifications/documents) and the completed permit application into a PDF format.
- Verify that the PDF documents are in general conformance to the Electronic Plan Review Document Submittal Guidelines.
- Submit the completed permit application, construction documents, and other relevant documents to DV-EPlan-Submit@longbeach.gov.
- Ensure the subject heading of the email reads "EPC SUBMITTAL" followed by the project address (e.g., EPC SUBMITTAL: 411 W. Ocean Blvd.).
- Check for a follow-up email that confirms either (1) acceptance of the project for review and required payment of plan check fees before being routed to the appropriate plan check staff for review OR (2) rejection of the project due to incomplete/missing information or does not meet the project criteria for EPC service.
- Upon receiving an email status notifying that there are outstanding comments for the project, if any, revise/update the construction documents, other attachments, and prepare written responses to all comments for resubmittal.
- Resubmit the revised/updated construction documents, other attachments, and written responses, when ready, to DV-EPlan-Submit@longbeach.gov.
- Ensure the subject heading reads "EPC RESUBMITTAL" followed by the project address and project number (e.g., EPC RESUBMITTAL: 411 W. Ocean Blvd. - BNEW123456).
- Upon receiving an email status confirming approval of the project, follow instructions provided by permit technician staff to pay applicable fees (i.e., permit fees, impact fees, etc.), and how to obtain copies of the approved construction documents, permit receipt, and job inspection card.
- Print a hard copy of the approved construction documents and have it available on-site for the contractor(s) and City inspector(s).
FEE PAYMENT PROCESS
The following steps will help guide you through the fee payment process:
1. A “Fees Not Paid Summary” document will be emailed to you for the required amount of plan check, permit, and/or any other relevant fees to be paid.
2. Determine if the method of payment is by credit card or check.
- To pay by credit card over the phone call, please call our Cashier at (562) 570-PAID (7243). The only acceptable form of credit card payment is Visa or Mastercard.
- To pay by check, please make check payable to the “City of Long Beach”. On the memo line on the check, please include the project address and/or project number. Please mail your payment to:
Long Beach Development Services
411 W. Ocean Blvd, 2nd Fl
Long Beach, CA 90802
3. Upon payment, a PDF copy of the receipt will be emailed to you and the original copy of the receipt will be mailed to you. If you have not received an email or mail confirmation within 5 business days, please email DV-EPlan-Submit@longbeach.gov or contact our Cashier at (562) 570-PAID (7243) to inquiry about the status of the payment.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the steps outlined herein, please do not hesitate to call (562) 570-6499 or email DV-EPlan-Submit@longbeach.gov. Thank you for your patience while we process the submittal of your project for plan check.
Development Permit Center
|M:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|T:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|W:||9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|TH:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|F:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|