- City Officials
- Mary Zendejas1st District
- Cindy Allen2nd District
- Kristina Duggan3rd District
- Daryl Supernaw4th District
- Megan Kerr5th District
- Suely Saro6th District
- Roberto Uranga7th District
- Al Austin8th District
- Dr. Joni Ricks-Oddie9th District
- Dawn McIntoshCity Attorney
- Laura L. DoudCity Auditor
- Doug HaubertCity Prosecutor
- Tom ModicaCity Manager
- Monique DeLaGarzaCity Clerk
Dr. Joni Ricks-Oddie
Laura L. Doud
City-Wide Elected Officials
Opening a Business
Doing Business With The City
- LBDS Home
- About Us
- Building Permits
- Building & Safety Fee Schedule
- Construction Code Resources and Documents
- Deputy Inspector Program
- Online Permits
- Plan Review Status/Permit Status/Records
- Planning Fee Schedule
- Planning Permits
- Program for Building Projects
- Project Plan Review and Submittal Service
- Schedule Building Inspection
- Resources & Forms
- Programs & Projects
Housing & Neighborhood Services
Applications & Forms
Our goal at the Permit Center is to make your online experience as seamless and productive as possible. Before starting the online submittal process, please learn about the three types of online submittal processes available:
This permitting option is limited to the following types of minor projects:
- Water heater changeouts
- Electrical panel changeouts
- Reroofing of single-family dwellings and duplexes
The advantage of this process is that applicants can apply for and be automatically issued a permit in one step. Please note that this process is also available outside of regular business hours. To get started, follow the instructions listed below:
- Create a profile online.
- Submit an application for one of the minor project types. Please note that owners or contractor’s agents will need to attach a letter of authorization or a completed FORM-006 Owner/Builder/Contractor Permit Proxy.
- Once the application is approved, payment can be made online using a credit/debit card or electronic check. Your permit will be issued automatically, and a receipt with a copy of the permit will be sent to you via email.
The advantage of this process is that applicants can apply for repair or alteration of existing single-family or duplex buildings online. Please note that this process is also available outside of regular business hours. To get started, follow the instructions listed below:
- Create a profile online.
- Submit an application for repair or alteration of existing single-family or duplex buildings or structures without any new square footage. Please note that owners or contractor’s agents will need to attach a letter of authorization or a completed FORM-006 Owner/Builder/Contractor Permit Proxy.
- Once the application is reviewed, you will be informed via email if your application has been accepted or is incomplete. After receiving the email, log into the portal for further instructions.
Please select the following links to submit your project:
- Building Permit (window replacements, re-roofs, etc.)
- Electrical Permit (electrical upgrades)
- Mechanical Permit (for residential units only)
- Plumbing Permit (water heater re-piping)
Note: When submitting HVAC permits, please submit a plot plan and CF1R to DV.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you submit your permit application online, an electronic invoice will be sent from Development Services within 1-3 business days regarding the amount of permit fees due to complete the permit issuance process. Upon fee payment, a confirmation email will be sent to you that includes the permit receipt.
Building and Safety Bureau
|M:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|T:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|W:||9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|TH:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|F:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
The Permit Center is closed daily for lunch from Noon to 1 p.m.
411 West Ocean Blvd., 3rd Floor
Long Beach, CA 90802