- City Officials
Opening a Business
Doing Business With The City
- LBDS Home
- About Us
- Building Permits
- Building & Safety Fee Schedule
- Construction Code Resources and Documents
- Deputy Inspector Program
- Online Permits
- Plan Review Status/Permit Status/Records
- Planning Fee Schedule
- Planning Permits
- Program for Building Projects
- Project Plan Review and Submittal Service
- Schedule Building Inspection
- Resources & Forms
- Programs & Projects
Housing & Neighborhood Services
Applications & Forms
Our Code Enforcement staff respond to a variety of complaints of violations of the Long Beach Municipal Code, including substandard buildings, property maintenance, inoperative vehicles, weed abatement, and land use violations.
When violations are identified, the responsible parties are contacted and requested to abate the conditions. Failure to correct violations could result in a citation or a referral to the City Prosecutor's office.
Long Beach is divided into three Code Enforcement areas that are aligned with the existing North, West and East divisions of the Police Department. Each area is assigned a code enforcement team that works with individuals, neighborhood associations, and local business groups to resolve code enforcement issues and maintain the safety and livability of the community.
How Do I . . .
Report A Code Violation?
Report Code Violations Online, Track Referrals, Search Code Cases
Register A Short-Term Rental?
Eligibility & Operating Requirements, Prohibited Buildings List, Complaints
Access the Garage Resale Program?
Off-Street Parking Inspections, Garage Exemption Certificates
View Administrative Citation Fines?
Fines, Warnings, Administrative Citation Rights of Appeal
Request A PRHIP Inspection?
Proactive Rental Housing Inspection Program, Violations Report
View Current Open Cases?
Currently Active Code Enforcement Cases, Council District Map
- Dead landscaping
- Deteriorated electrical, exposed wiring and circuit breakers)
- Deteriorated plumbing (leaking ceiling)
- Garage accessibility (blocked access by vehicle(s))
- Garage conversions without permits
- Major auto repair on residential property
- Operating an unregistered Short-Term Rental
- Outside storage or junk, debris, trash in front, side, or rear yards visible from public view or neighboring properties, discarded furniture, and appliances
- Overflowing trash containers or dumpsters
- Overgrown vegetation
- Overheight fence
- Pest/vermin infestation
- People living in garages
- Private trees impeding the public right of way
- Storage of wrecked, inoperable and/or abandoned vehicles on private property
- Trash cans stored in public view
- Unpermitted alterations to a dwelling or structure without permits
- Unpermitted interior alterations to a dwelling or structure
- Unpermitted or illegal signs
- Vehicles parked illegally on private property
Who Do I Call?
For a complete list of contacts, view our phone directory.
Code Enforcement Bureau
|M:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|T:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|W:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|TH:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|F:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|