- City Officials
- Mary Zendejas1st District
- Cindy Allen2nd District
- Kristina Duggan3rd District
- Daryl Supernaw4th District
- Megan Kerr5th District
- Suely Saro6th District
- Roberto Uranga7th District
- Al Austin8th District
- Dr. Joni Ricks-Oddie9th District
- Dawn McIntoshCity Attorney
- Laura L. DoudCity Auditor
- Doug HaubertCity Prosecutor
- Tom ModicaCity Manager
- Monique DeLaGarzaCity Clerk
Dr. Joni Ricks-Oddie
Laura L. Doud
City-Wide Elected Officials
Opening a Business
Doing Business With The City
- LBDS Home
- About Us
- Building Permits
- Building & Safety Fee Schedule
- Construction Code Resources and Documents
- Deputy Inspector Program
- Online Permits
- Plan Review Status/Permit Status/Records
- Planning Fee Schedule
- Planning Permits
- Program for Building Projects
- Project Plan Review and Submittal Service
- Schedule Building Inspection
- Resources & Forms
- Programs & Projects
Housing & Neighborhood Services
Applications & Forms
Electrical Code Questions
Yes. Aluminum building wire installation shall be permitted as long as the wiring methods are in compliance with California Electrical Code 110.5.
If the ground rod does not have a resistance to ground of 25 ohms or less it shall be augmented by one additional electrode, per California Electrical Code 250.56.
Arc-fault circuits interrupter (AFCI), combination type protection on branch circuits supplying outlets installed in dwelling unit family rooms, dinning rooms, living rooms, parlors, libraries, dens, bedrooms, sunrooms, reaction rooms, closets, hallways, or similar areas. California Electrical Code 210.12.
Yes. Romex shall be permitted, per California Electrical Code 334.
Yes. Feeder conductor shall be sized for a maximum voltage drop of 2 percent at design load. Branch circuit conductors shall be sized for a maximum voltage drop of 3 percent at design load. Title 24 standard 230.5(c).
The following five controls are required in Title 24:
- Area Controls: Manual controls that control lighting in each area separately.
- Multi-level Controls: Allow occupants to choose the appropriate light level for each area.
- Shut-off Controls: Automatically shuts off lighting or reduces light levels when illumination is not needed.
- Automatic Daylighting Controls: Adjust electric lighting in response to the presence of daylight.
- Demand responsive controls: Receive and automatically respond to demand response (DR) signals.
All lighting in each area (An “area” is a space enclosed by ceiling-height partitions) must be controlled separately from luminaires in other areas by manual on/off lighting controls that are:
- Readily accessible
- Located in the same room or area as the lighting they control and with the lighting in view
- Able to provide any required dimming or multi-level controls steps in addition to on/off
8. Could alternating luminaires or rows of luminaires meet the requirement of multi-level lighting controls? Section 130.1 (b).
No. Each luminaire must meet every step of the multi-level control requirement.
- Title 24 sets a minimum number of control steps and illuminance uniformity requirement for most major luminaire types in TABLE 130.1-A. These requirements are required in addition to any manual, daylight, shut-off or demand response controls.
- These criteria apply only to general lighting for enclosed areas that:
- Are at least 100 square feet in size.
- Have a connected lighting load over 0.5 watts per square foot.
- Has more than one luminaire or more than two lamps.
- Automatic shut-off controls turn off the lights when a space is unoccupied.
- All lighting must be controlled by one or more of the following:
- Occupant sensing control.
- Automatic time-switch.
- Building Energy Management System.
- Other control capable of automatically shutting off all lights for vacant periods.
Building and Safety Bureau
|M:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|T:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|W:||9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|TH:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|F:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
The Permit Center is closed daily for lunch from Noon to 1 p.m.
411 West Ocean Blvd., 3rd Floor
Long Beach, CA 90802