- Any fees calculated should be considered as an approximation of the actual project fees. The scope of the project will be the determining factor as to what fees are applicable. To obtain a more accurate estimate, please visit the Development Permit Center.
- A 3.0% Technology Surcharge and 3.8% General Plan Surcharge have been added to all applicable fees.
- A processing fee of $47.95 will be added to each Plan Check and Permit application.
- LBUSD Developer Fee Increase - Updated June 1, 2020
- LAUSD Fee Payment Procedure
- City Officials
Opening a Business
Doing Business With The City
- LBDS Home
- About Us
- Resources & Forms
- Programs & Projects
Housing & Neighborhood Services
Applications & Forms
Effective immediately, the City has extended the waiver of penalties related to the payment of any license taxes as well as health, fire and business licensing fees issued from March 16, 2020, to March 31, 2021. Any bills issued during this period should still be paid in a timely manner if at all possible, but no penalty will accrue until after March 31, 2021. Learn more.
How much should I expect to pay?
For most construction projects, you could expect to spend about 2% of your building costs on plan checks, permits, inspections, and other agency fees.
Please be advised that some Plan Check and Permit Fees collected by the Building & Safety Bureau have changed, effective October 1, 2019. These changes are based on the City Cost Index (CCI), and reflect the need for the City to keep pace with the ongoing costs of providing quality public services for construction and building safety.
|M:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|T:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|W:||9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|TH:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|F:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|