- City Officials
Opening a Business
Doing Business With The City
- LBDS Home
- About Us
- Resources & Forms
- Programs & Projects
Housing & Neighborhood Services
Applications & Forms
Forms & Applications
Development Services provides a number of planning and building services. Below is a list of forms and applications that may be downloaded online.
If you have questions about a building permit, please call our office at (562) 570-5237.
For questions regarding planning/zoning, please call the Planning Bureau at (562) 570-6194.
Please be advised that all Planning and Building & Safety Bureau applications, forms, and other documents that need to be mailed or returned, should be sent or delivered to the new City Hall address at 411 W. Ocean Boulevard, 2nd Floor, Long Beach, CA 90802.
- Planning Permit Application: This application is used for discretionary permits and/or entitlements like CUPs, AUPs, Standards Variances, etc.
- Categorical Exemption Form: Typically required for standards variance, lot line adjustment, coastal permits & administrative use permits.
- Conditional Use Permit Exemption (CUPEx) for Alcohol Sales: For qualifying alcohol sales applications only.
- Fee Schedule
- Appeal Form: Required form to appeal a decision of the Site Plan Review Committee, Cultural Heritage Commission, Zoning Administrator, or Planning Commission.
- Coastal Permit Categorical Exemption (CPCE) Application
- Fair Housing Reasonable Accommodation Request Form
- General Plan Conformance Application
- Landscape Standards Checklist - Performance
- Landscape Standards Checklist - Prescriptive
- Lot Line Adjustment
- Lot Merger Filing Requirements
- Promotional Sign (Banner) Application
- Subdivision Map Special Filing Requirements: Additional filing requirements for tentative maps & condominium conversions.
- Wireless Telecommunications Facility 10-year Review/Renewal Application
- Wireless Telecommunications Permit Application
- Zoning Confirmation Letter ("Rebuild Letter") Application
- Condo Conversion Certificate of Exclusion Requirements: Filing requirements for conversion of a community apartment or stock cooperative project to condominiums (not for conversion of a rental building to condos).
- Condo Conversion Packet: Starting point for information and requirements on condo conversions.
- Condo Conversion - Tenant Notices
- Tenant Relocation Program Application
- Tenant Relocation Program Application (Spanish)
- Tenant Relocation Program Income Info
Uses in the public right-of-way, such as sidewalk dining and parklets, can provide a variety of opportunities for outdoor spaces to activate the streetscape, improve the pedestrian experience, and support local businesses and employment.
In accordance with Chapter 14.14 (Occupation of Public Walkways) of the Long Beach Municipal Code, a Public Walkways Occupancy Permit (PWOP), issued by the Department of Public Works, is required for all uses proposed in the public right-of-way. Additionally, Chapter 14.14 requires that all uses be designed to meet the intent of the Sidewalk Dining Parklets Handbook. The handbook has been created to provide clear direction and the essential information needed to get started on your own sidewalk dining or parklet project. The handbook also outlines the permitting process on page 34. Download the application forms.
For additional information, please call the City of Long Beach Department of Public Works at (562) 570-5938.
- APP-001 Consolidated Permit Application
This consolidated permit application should be used for all projects that involves more than one of the following scope of work: building, grading, fire, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, landscape and/or sign. If the scope of work is minor in nature and does not require a plan review (known as an Express Permit), an Express Permit Application may be used. For more information on Express Permit, please refer to Information Bulletin IB-058 Express Permit Service.
- APP-010 Moving Building Permit Application
- APP-011 Express Building Permit Application
- APP-012 Express Electrical Permit Application
- APP-013 Express Plumbing Permit Application
- APP-014 Express Mechanical Permit Application
- APP-015 Address Assignment Application
- APP-016 Temporary Utilities Release Application
- APP-017 Special Deputy Inspector Application (currently updating)
- FORM-005 California Licensed Contractors Declaration and Owner-Builder's Declaration
- FORM-006 Owner/Builder/Contractor Permit Proxy: Used by agent/representative in the absence of the Owner/Builder/Contractor
- FORM-001 Code Modification and Alternate Method Request
- FORM-002 Plan Check Extension Request
- FORM-003 Permit Extension Request
- FORM-004 Expedited Plan Check Request (not available)
- FORM-008 Sewer Capacity Fee Acknowledgement
- FORM-009 Sewer Capacity Fee Acknowledgement (Douglas Park)
- FORM-010 Predevelopment Meeting Request
- FORM-013 Common Property Line Wall/Fence Agreement
- FORM-016 Express Checklist for Residential Rooftop Solar PV System 10 kW
- FORM-019 Express Permit Checklist for Residential EV Charger
- FORM-021 Structural Observation Report
- FORM-023 Express Checklist for Other Building Rooftop Solar PV System 10 kW
- FORM-024 Plan Duplication Request
- FORM-025 Summary of Accessibility Upgrade
- FORM-027 Express Permit Checklist for Location of Equipment
- FORM-028 Plot Plan
- FORM-029 Request for Refund of Development Fees
- FORM-030 Fence and Curb Cut Diagram
- FORM-031 Construction & Demolition Management Plan
- FORM-032 LID Observation Report
- FORM-033 Precise Grading Certification
- CALGreen Addition & Alteration Non-Residential Review
- Consolidated Plan Submittal List: This form is used for Planning, Building, Fire, Health, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Signs plan submittals.
- Form - GRN-01 Storm Water Pollution Control
- Form - GRN-02 VOC Content Checklist
- Form - GRN-03 Formaldehyde Emissions Checklist
- Form - GRN-05 Non-Resident Mandatory Checklist
- Form - VOC and Formaldehyde Limits
- Form - WS-01 Baseline Water Use
- Form - WS-02 Base Water Use
- LB CALGreen - Non-Residential Review List
- LB CALGreen - Residential Application Checklist
- LB CALGreen - Residential Review List
- Medical Marijuana Facilities Checklist & Requirements
- Plan Review - Commercial Accessibility Checklist
- Plan Review - Commercial Plan Review Checklist
- Plan Review - Electrical Checklist
- Plan Review - Energy Efficiency Checklist
- Plan Review - Energy Nonresidential Review
- Plan Review - Energy Residential Review
- Plan Review - Fire Checklist - 13-D
- Plan Review - Fire Checklist - Fire Alarm
- Plan Review - Fire Checklist - Group A
- Plan Review - Fire Checklist - Group B
- Plan Review - Fire Checklist - Group M
- Plan Review - Grading and Retaining Wall Checklist
- Plan Review - Mechanical Checklist
- Plan Review - Multi-Family Checklist
- Plan Review - One and Two Family Checklist
- Plan Review - Plumbing Checklist
- Plan Review - Residential Accessibility Checklist
- Plan Review - Structural Design General Checklist
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 1 (Elevator Lula and Platform lifts)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 2 (Signs)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 3 (Restaurants)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 4 (Assembly)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 5 (Group B and Group M Occupancies)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 6 (Transient Lodging)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 7 (Misc Facilities)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 8 (Recreational Facilities)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No 9 (Public Housing)
- Plan Review - Supplemental Accessibility No. 10 (EV Charging Stations)
- Residential Sprinkler System (NFPA 13D)
- AFF-001 Maintenance of Building
- AFF-002 Maintenance of No Build Easement
- AFF-003 Maintenance of Yards for Over-Sized Building
- AFF-004 Maintenance of On-Site Stormwater BMPs
- AFF-005 Maintenance of Uncertified Fill
- AFF-006 Recordation of Technical Document
- AFF-007 Termination
- AFF-008 Maintenance of On-Site LID BMPs
- AFF-009 Maintenance of Vehicle Parking Lift
- AFF-010 Maintenance of Methane Mitigation
- Request Hearing to Appeal Administrative Citation
- Advance Deposit Hardship Waiver
- Board of Examiners, Appeals, and Condemnation Hearing Application
- Construction & Demolition Debris Recycling Program
- Grading Permit Cash Bond for Faithful Performance
- Grading Permit Surety Bond for Faithful Performance
- National Flood Insurance Program
- Request for Lead Paint Testing
- Notice of Sandblasting
- Original Contractors License Application: Link will take you to www.cslb.ca.gov for more information.
- Special Inspection Request
|M:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|T:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|W:||9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|TH:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|F:||8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|