City Staff will be hosting several community-wide meetings to help shape this plan and we look forward to the community’s participation.
To be notified of upcoming meetings and project updates, please sign up here.
- City Officials
- Mary Zendejas1st District
- Cindy Allen2nd District
- Kristina Duggan3rd District
- Daryl Supernaw4th District
- Megan Kerr5th District
- Suely Saro6th District
- Roberto Uranga7th District
- Al Austin8th District
- Dr. Joni Ricks-Oddie9th District
- Dawn McIntoshCity Attorney
- Laura L. DoudCity Auditor
- Doug HaubertCity Prosecutor
- Tom ModicaCity Manager
- Monique DeLaGarzaCity Clerk
Dr. Joni Ricks-Oddie
Laura L. Doud
City-Wide Elected Officials
Opening a Business
Doing Business With The City
- LBDS Home
- About Us
- Building Permits
- Building & Safety Fee Schedule
- Construction Code Resources and Documents
- Deputy Inspector Program
- Online Permits
- Plan Review Status/Permit Status/Records
- Planning Fee Schedule
- Planning Permits
- Program for Building Projects
- Project Plan Review and Submittal Service
- Schedule Building Inspection
- Resources & Forms
- Programs & Projects
Housing & Neighborhood Services
Applications & Forms
Home » Development Services » Planning Bureau » Advance Planning » Downtown Long Beach Land Use Planning
Downtown Long Beach Land Use Planning
Renewing the Downtown Plan; Revitalizing the Downtown Waterfront
The City of Long Beach has launched a two-part effort designed to update regulations for development in Downtown and to establish a common vision and supportive land use strategies for the future of the Downtown Shoreline area.
- Downtown Plan Update: Encompasses the downtown area north of Ocean Boulevard and will be updated and renewed with a focus on expanding housing opportunities for all income levels, including the development of new affordable housing projects. Click the graphic below to learn more and get involved!
- Downtown Shoreline Vision Plan: Encompasses the area south of Ocean Boulevard and will help gauge stakeholder expectations and aspirations for the Downtown Shoreline area and establish a contemporary community Vision Plan for a world-class waterfront. Click the graphic below to learn more and get involved!
For more information or questions, contact us by email at DowntownPlan@longbeach.gov or by phone at 562.570.6194.
411 West Ocean Blvd., 3rd Floor
Long Beach, CA 90802