As a pilot program participant, the City will provide your business with additional tools and resources before you begin. These include:
- One (1) new green 95-gallon cart to collect only your food scraps to be co-located with your trash and recycling carts.
- One (1) indoor receptacle to collect food scraps.
- One (1) starter roll* of clear plastic liners for your indoor collection container.
- Note: Clear liners are required to be used for food scrap collection.
- *This is a one-time offer.
Learn more about the City’s Commercial Food Scraps Collection Pilot Program. All educational materials are available in English, Khmer, Spanish, and Tagalog. Additional resources can be found on our Food Scraps Guidelines page.
To get started, read our Program Overview Handbook and Food Scraps brochure.
- Program Overview Handbook - English, Khmer, Spanish, Tagalog
- Food Scraps Tri-Fold Brochure - English, Khmer, Spanish, Tagalog
Staff training is offered in English, Khmer, Spanish, and Tagalog and is available in person, virtually, and as pre-recorded short videos. Visit our Training and Program Success page to learn more and to sign up for an upcoming workshop.
Donate edible food to a local food rescue organization. For a list of local food rescue organizations, see our list here.