Mandatory Organics Recycling
Under State Law SB1383 and Municipal Code 8.60.370, all accounts, including apartment and condominium buildings, are required to have organics recycling service.
If you are serviced by a private hauler and do not have recycling or organics service, contact your hauler. If you have city service, you will automatically be enrolled as residential service rolls out. For more information, visit our SB1383 FAQ page.
Mandatory RecyclingUnder Municipal Code 8.60.370 apartment owners/managers are required to provide recycling service to their tenants.
- If your building has City-serviced trash collection and you would like to request recycling service, you can submit a request online or contact us at (562) 570-2876. Recycling service is included with all City-serviced accounts.
- If you have a private hauler for your trash collection, contact them to set up recycling service for your building.
Increase Recycling Success
- Give new tenants a copy of the recycling guidelines when they move in.
- If you have City service, print out the Recycling Guidelines or email us to mail you printed copies.
- If you have a private hauler, contact them or go to their website to learn what can and cannot be recycled.
- Download our Property Manager Toolkit to help you educate your tenants, reduce contamination at the properties you manage, and comply with State Law AB 341. The toolkit includes a welcome and moving packet for new residents, customizable recycling signs, tips for successful onsite recycling, and more.
- Property Manager Toolkit (complete toolkit) - English, Khmer, Tagalog, Spanish
- Signage for Central Collection Areas (individual posters):
- Recycling Guidelines - English, Khmer, Spanish, Tagalog
- Refuse Guidelines - English, Khmer, Spanish, Tagalog
- Empty, Clean, Dry, Unbagged - English, Khmer, Spanish, Tagalog
- Only Trash in this chute, please! - English, Khmer, Spanish, Tagalog
- Only Recycling in this chute, please! - English, Khmer, Spanish, Tagalog
- Looking for Trash? - English, Khmer, Spanish, Tagalog
- Looking for Recycling? - English, Khmer, Spanish, Tagalog
- Please...flatten cardboard boxes! - English, Khmer, Spanish, Tagalog
- Please...no plastic bags in recycling! - English, Khmer, Spanish, Tagalog
Help Tenants Schedule Special Collection Pickups
- Inform your tenants how to dispose of bulky items.
- If you have City service, contact us to request a special collection by calling (562) 570-2876 or submit a Special Collection Request form online. Work with your tenants to coordinate a special collection of bulky items. Visit our Special Collection 101 page to learn more.
- If you have a private hauler, contact them to set up a special collection.
- Hazardous waste collection is available at no additional cost for all Long Beach residents at drop-off locations in the City.