Home » Long Beach Recycles » Recycling » Apartment Managers

Apartment Managers

Mandatory Recycling

Under California State Law AB 341, apartment owners/managers of buildings with or more units are required to provide recycling service to their tenants. The City of Long Beach has a goal for all apartment buildings to have recycling service. 
  • If your building has City-serviced trash collection and you would like to request recycling service, you can submit a request online or contact us at (562) 570-2876Recycling service is included with all City-serviced accounts. 
  • If you have a private hauler for your trash collection, contact them to set up recycling service for your building.

Increase Recycling Success

  • Give new tenants a copy of the recycling guidelines when they move in.
  • If you have City service, print out the Recycling Guidelines or email us to mail you printed copies.  
  • If you have a private hauler, contact them or go to their website to learn what can and cannot be recycled.
  • Download our Property Manager Toolkit to help you educate your tenants, reduce contamination at the properties you manage, and comply with State Law AB 341. The toolkit includes a welcome and moving packet for new residents, customizable recycling signs, tips for successful onsite recycling, and more. 

Help Tenants Schedule Special Collection Pickups 

  • Inform your tenants how to dispose of bulky items. 
    • If you have City service, contact us to request a special collection by calling (562) 570-2876 or submit a Special Collection Request form onlineWork with your tenants to coordinate a special collection of bulky items. Visit our Special Collection 101 page to learn more.  
    • If you have a private hauler, contact them to set up a special collection. 
  • Hazardous waste collection is available at no additional cost for all Long Beach residents at drop-off locations in the City. 

Mandatory Organics Recycling

Under California State Law AB 1826, apartment and condominium buildings with 5 or more units and that have four yards of solid waste (which includes trash and recycling) or more per week are required to have organics recycling services for green waste, yard waste, and uncontaminated wood waste. If you do not have this material or you have a landscaper that takes the material away for you, contact your hauler to report this.