LBPL Tech To-Go
Lending Agreement and Device Use and Care
By placing a reservation, I agree to the rules and guidelines below:
- Adults (18 years or older) can borrow a Chromebook or a MiFi.
- A full-access library card and less than $20 in fines is required.
- One Chromebook and one MiFi can be borrowed at a time.
- Items must be returned to the library where they were checked out.
- Items must be returned during open hours.
- Do not put the Chromebooks or MiFis in a book drop.
- Check out is for three weeks; items cannot be renewed.
- Once an item is overdue, the Library may shut down the device.
- Borrowers with a Chromebook or a MiFi that is 21 days overdue will be charged the full replacement cost.
- You are responsible for the items checked out to you.
- Using these items in a manner or for a purpose that violates any applicable law, regulation or ordinance, or violates the Library’s Code of Conduct, is strictly prohibited.
Chromebook and MiFi Use and Care
I agree that I will not:
- Leave the items
- in a vehicle,
- in an area that is damp or wet,
- in direct sunlight, or
- in a public place where they might be stolen or damaged.
- Open, modify, or try to fix the items.
- Update or modify the operating system.
- Remove the battery, the SIM card, or anything else for any reason.
- Use these items in a manner or for a purpose that violates any applicable law, regulation or ordinance, or violates the Library’s Code of Conduct.
Release of Liability
Long Beach Public Library is not responsible for any claims, liability, injuries, damages, costs, or expenses arising out of a Borrower’s use of these items, including, but not limited to:
- Item operation, use, or misuse;
- Item connection to other electronic devices;
- Loss of data for any reason whatsoever, including malfunction;
- Loss, use, or misuse of private information; or
- Malware or virus.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Long Beach Public Library, its officers, agents, employees, and representatives from any and all liability, injuries (including bodily injury, accidental death, or property damage), claims, lawsuits, losses, damages, penalties, fines, costs, and/or expenses directly or indirectly arising out of my use of devices I have borrowed, including:
- having, connecting, operating, using, or misusing the items I have borrowed; or
- infringing, violating, or misappropriating an intellectual property right or proprietary right.
Violating this Lending Agreement may result in having to pay one or more fees/charges as explained above, and you may also lose Library, computer, and internet privileges under the Library’s Code of Conduct.
Contents List and Replacement Costs
- Case - $10
- 2-Piece Power Cord - $10
- Kajeet Filtered MiFi - $110
- Bag - $20
- 2-Piece Power Cord - $20
- Mouse - $20
- Chromebook - $500
Full Access MiFi
- Box - $10
- 1-Piece Power Cord - $10
- Full Access MiFi - $90