Bret Harte Neighborhood Library
This library currently offers LBPL To-Go appointment-based pickup. Visit our LBPL To-Go page for more information.
The Bret Harte Library began as the West Willow Station in January 1934. After several moves, a new 6,500 square-foot building was dedicated in August 1957 at the present location. The Bret Harte Neighborhood Library is named for a writer of western short stories. A garden of California native plants, grant-funded by the Long Beach Water Department, enhances the exterior.
- Public Computers
- Free Wifi
- Wireless Printing, fees apply
- Copier, fees apply
- Community Meeting Room, fees apply
- Family Learning Center
- Air Conditioning
- Exterior Book Drop for after hours returns
- Accessible Main Entrance
- Accessible Restrooms
- One Designated Parking Spot in Lot
- Free Street Parking
- Free Parking in Small Lot Behind Library
- Bike Rack
- 1, 101, 102, 103, 104, 191, 192
Visit Long Beach Transit for up to date bus schedules.