Update on Response to COVID-19Release Date: 2020-04-03
As promised, I'm sharing the latest data on the coronavirus in Long Beach. Please remember how important it is to physically distance. That's the only way we can slow these new cases.
- 171 positive results, including approximately 40* cases where people have recovered.
- A total of three deaths have now been reported. The third individual was a woman in her 60s who had underlying health conditions. She passed away at a hospital in Long Beach.
- Positive cases have been confirmed at the following long-term care facilities:
- Palmcrest Grand Assisted Living
- Long Beach Healthcare Center
- Pacific Palms Healthcare
- Bixby Knolls Towers
You can also keep up to date with our 3:00 pm live briefings every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, here on the Long Beach City page.
Mayor Robert Garcia